Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Importing a Car from the UAE to Qatar

Importing a Car from the UAE to Qatar

Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

saleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nice
Default Importing a Car from the UAE to Qatar

Hi

I am thinking of bringing my car to Qatar due to the difficulty of trying to sell in the UAE. The current attitude is that I will just give it away for nothing.

I cant find any government websites that help so I hope that some of the people on this forum may be able help. I have a rough idea of what to do at the UAE end but not the Qatar end.

I have heard that 5 years is supposed to be the limit of the age of the car. It is now July 2010, my car engine I believe says April 2010 ( which I will need to check later) Is it the year of the car or the actual date of the engine that counts?

Do you need Qatari residency to get a licence to drive? In which case, I imagine that there will be a probabtion period before this happens.(still waiting for hard offer)

Are some nationalities exempt from driver testing and automatically get licences as per the UAE?

Where do you leave the car if you import it but cant drive it for 3 months until you get residency etc.

Or would you say, following all the questions above dont bring it?

Many thanks..I look forward to some answers

cheers S
pages: 1
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Keoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really nice
Default Re: Importing a Car from the UAE to Qatar

You may also like to check out the "Qatarliving" website.

It's the site where most questions on living & moving to Qatar can be answered.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

saleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nicesaleca is just really nice
Default Re: Importing a Car from the UAE to Qatar

Many thanks have been to all the sites

Got nowhere with embassies, government etc finally found importer/exporter dealers in Qatar and the 5 yrs is based on the first licencing of the car. I am 1 month over

Cheers S