Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Important Info: Bank noc NOT required by Immigration at time of exit

Important Info: Bank noc NOT required by Immigration at time of exit

Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Important Info: Bank noc NOT required by Immigration at time of exit

Have been getting a of anxious queries on whether the Immigration is automatically imposing a travel ban and requiring a bank's NOC before being allowed to travel.

This is just a rumour. There is no such requirement. This has also been checked and confirmed with Immigration by one of the forum members.

If you have debts, then as long as there is no police case against you on account of a bounced cheque in your a/c, there is no way that banks can request immigration to impose a travel ban.

Can we have this as a sticky on the top? Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:55 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Important Info: Bank noc NOT required by Immigration at time of exit

Originally Posted by IndieG
Have been getting a of anxious queries on whether the Immigration is automatically imposing a travel ban and requiring a bank's NOC before being allowed to travel.

This is just a rumour. There is no such requirement. This has also been checked and confirmed with Immigration by one of the forum members.

If you have debts, then as long as there is no police case against you on account of a bounced cheque in your a/c, there is no way that banks can request immigration to impose a travel ban.

excellent news !!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Important Info: Bank noc NOT required by Immigration at time of exit

Good grief! How could anyone even think up such a rumour. Imagine the chaos if that were true!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Can the mods pls delete the duplicate threads - my pc is acting up
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god for that.... may help me sleep a little easier!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

devonlass is an unknown quantity at this point

hello people, long-time lurker first-time poster! shame it's for such a cr*ppy reason

unfortunately I think I'm going to be "retrenched" soon, and if it happens I have debts I can't afford to clear before leaving. I'm happy to arrange a new payment schedule back home in the UK though.

it's great that immigration don't automatically ask to see a NOC from the bank when you leave after your visa has been cancelled, but I was told that if I get made redundant my company has to tell my bank about it and then the bank will ask me to clear the debt and when I don't they'll get scared and bounce my security cheque so they can put a travel block on me. Is that true?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by devonlass
hello people, long-time lurker first-time poster! shame it's for such a cr*ppy reason

unfortunately I think I'm going to be "retrenched" soon, and if it happens I have debts I can't afford to clear before leaving. I'm happy to arrange a new payment schedule back home in the UK though.

it's great that immigration don't automatically ask to see a NOC from the bank when you leave after your visa has been cancelled, but I was told that if I get made redundant my company has to tell my bank about it and then the bank will ask me to clear the debt and when I don't they'll get scared and bounce my security cheque so they can put a travel block on me. Is that true?
Post five times and I will send you a pm on your options....
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

One...
Just Joined

Two...
Just Joined

Three...
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Four...
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Five

sorry but that was the quickest way...
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

lol good thinking
Old Jan 14th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Devonlass....you have a pm
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Devonlass....you have a pm
Someone else told me that when your company cancel your visa, the bank will ask you to clear your account immediately and if you dont, they will request a ban and that this happened to her friend, who was subsequently stopped at immigration for departing with a cancelled visa but no clearance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.