Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I'm moving to riyadh to open a health club

I'm moving to riyadh to open a health club

Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

archie73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm moving to riyadh to open a health club

Hi, I've browsed around this site in last couple of days, but wanted some specific help in Riyadh, I'm moving out to Riyadh in august and opening up a very nice health club/gym in the kingdom centre, just need to know the score for accommodation issues, There is not an apartment/villa with the job so at the minute I'm presuming i'll have to sort that myself, can anyone recommend anywhere, it's just for one single british male, apartment or even a temp room rental.

Is the car market hard to get sorted too? Would ideally want a car asap?

Also looking for a football team to play for, is there anything like that. I came to riyadh with the RAF in 1996 and managed to play for a team then but not sure how things stand now. Any help would be appreciated.

Well that would be me sorted, house, car and football, I'd be a happy man if someone could help me out with some advice.

Thanks.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 6:35 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm moving to riyadh to open a health club

Originally Posted by archie73
Hi, I've browsed around this site in last couple of days, but wanted some specific help in Riyadh, I'm moving out to Riyadh in august and opening up a very nice health club/gym in the kingdom centre, just need to know the score for accommodation issues, There is not an apartment/villa with the job so at the minute I'm presuming i'll have to sort that myself, can anyone recommend anywhere, it's just for one single british male, apartment or even a temp room rental.

Also looking for a football team to play for, is there anything like that. I came to riyadh with the RAF in 1996 and managed to play for a team then but not sure how things stand now. Any help would be appreciated.

Well that would be me sorted, house, car and football, I'd be a happy man if someone could help me out with some advice.

Thanks.
am not in riyadh yet but am heading off myself around that same time so take the stuff below as not being an 'experienced' point of view

- accommodation = nightmare. insist on the company trying to get you sorted as, from all accounts, all the compounds are full and the ones that have physically empty place are seemingly on reserve for particular companies

- cars = cheap and cheerful though apparently you're not allowed to own a 4x4 if you don't have a family residency visa (iqama). have a look at...
www.sa-motor.com to get a feel for local 2nd hand car market and www.drivearabia.com to get a rough feel for new car prices

that's about as much as i can help on, please take this advice with a large pinch of salt. have you found The Dean's article on saudi here... http://britishexpats.com/wiki/The_Ul..._to_Saudi_Life

cheers,

still.unsure
Old Aug 15th 2008, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

nadaplus is an unknown quantity at this point

I am Saudi and living in Riyadh. I will be happy to help you.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

melb_ksa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by archie73

Thanks.
Archie, you can rent a car first while looking for a car to buy. There's ample choice in Riyadh and prices are good. You can rent a car for between 1500 SR to 5000 SR per month. Of course to buy a car you need the Iqama and all that ...