Identity theft?

Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Identity theft?

Hi all,

Allow me to introduce myself since I'm new here.
I'm from Venezuela, and recently had a job offer to Qatar, which I accepted, now I'm on the paperwork phase and . I stumbled across this forum while researching where was I getting into, and since this is the most helpful and active community forum I've found for Qatar, decided to join although I aint british at all.

So... Story time.
Ive sent my documents to my employer, and now after attestation, Inmigration Department says I have already an "unused visa" with another sponsor. I've never sent my documents to anyone else, and this is the first time I intend to apply to any visa in Qatar.

So now the paranoid in me is telling me, What if I am a victim of identity theft? My name isnt that common, although I found 2 other guys in mexico and peru with my name, but still... WTH????? Isnt that supposed to be bound to a passport or something? Is one of the 2 other guys Ive found in the internet also in Qatar?

Or is it that I just had the luck to have my paperwork reviewed by the "Its Thusday noon, I'm not doing anything else today, wait for Sunday" employee?

Have any of you heard of a case like this? Thoughts?
Old Jan 17th 2014, 3:46 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Identity theft?

I do recollect a similar issue on this bored some time ago will do a search
Old Jan 18th 2014, 9:13 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

well, you could have had a dodgy recruitment agent send your CV to an employer, who has liked the look and lodged a visa.
go back to your future employer and say you've never requested a visa, so something is wrong, please can they go back and find out the details including passport copy to make sure that it is not lodged for you specifically.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thx for the answers.

Yeah I told my employer to try to find out more about the issue. It's a bummer cause believe it or not I wanted to be there next month, I hate these delays.

Seems Im not gonna be there for Barcelona-Chelsea/ManU
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Turns out it was a miscommunication thing XD.
Work visa issued, any advice on what day immigration at the airport is less packed? Is there a good day to arrive to Doha?
Old Jan 21st 2014, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Venezuelan007 View Post
Is there a good day to arrive to Doha?
no mate, only to leave
Old Jan 21st 2014, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sandboy View Post
no mate, only to leave
Its always funny the way ppl embrace living there. I guess I'll remember these kind of posts with a "They told you so"