Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I Really want to move to Dubai!

I Really want to move to Dubai!

Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:00 am
Just Joined

tecate is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile I Really want to move to Dubai!

I am a 25 year old Canadian male sick of living in the artic. I have traveled the world, and love the Middle East…. I have a Marketing diploma, I wonder if that will be enough for a good job? I am currently employed as the Assistant Director of Marketing, for a rag; oh I mean magazine. I have submitted my CV with a head hunting agency (Jobs in Dubai) four months ago, and still no good leads. Any suggestions on how to go about obtaining a good paying job? And any other general comments you may have?

Thanks a Lot
[email protected]
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Really want to move to Dubai!

welcome to the forum....ditch the blue text...and read the faq's, you'll get a lot of info, and then ask more questions...but like people have already said, unless your on the ground, agencies won't help much, they get tonnes of cv's all the time, and need to know your serious, once there, you can meet people, show you mean you want to be there.
A decent CV will help, but IT and construction are the main hot spots, don't know about media, that's a tough one to get into, but there's a thread here about someone that got a job...it's all about networking...
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:25 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
welcome to the forum....ditch the blue text...and read the faq's, you'll get a lot of info, and then ask more questions...but like people have already said, unless your on the ground, agencies won't help much, they get tonnes of cv's all the time, and need to know your serious, once there, you can meet people, show you mean you want to be there.
A decent CV will help, but IT and construction are the main hot spots, don't know about media, that's a tough one to get into, but there's a thread here about someone that got a job...it's all about networking...

Is the blue bothering you Bob
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:25 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Is the blue bothering you Bob
doesn't help
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

CanadaEng is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tecate
I am a 25 year old Canadian male sick of living in the artic. I have traveled the world, and love the Middle East…. I have a Marketing diploma, I wonder if that will be enough for a good job? I am currently employed as the Assistant Director of Marketing, for a rag; oh I mean magazine. I have submitted my CV with a head hunting agency (Jobs in Dubai) four months ago, and still no good leads. Any suggestions on how to go about obtaining a good paying job? And any other general comments you may have?

Thanks a Lot
[email protected]
Hi fellow Canadian,

I wish you luck in your search. Don't bother with JobsInDubai, they're a scam. I applied with them 7 months ago and never heard from them again. Do it on your own. If you have any questions, let me know. Have a nice artic day
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Anya4Dubai will become famous soon enoughAnya4Dubai will become famous soon enough

Thanks a Lot
[email protected]

Oops, I got my replies mixed up. Please see my reply in the other post 'Any place better than Dubai'

Cheers
Old Jan 17th 2005, 2:43 pm
Dont Cry in Dubai

davidbrooks70 will become famous soon enough

Thanks a Lot
[email protected]
Don't bother. Canada is much nicer.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:51 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks a Lot
[email protected]
'
Hi Dan....... welcome to the forum.

Sick of the arctic, eh? lol

U could try looking at www.dubaiinternetcity.com or www.dubaimediacity.com. Those 2 places r prolly ur best bet 4 a job.

And like Bob sed....... its best to go thru the FAQ threads and it is even better if u r in Dubai on the ground looking 4 a job. That is the primary way 2 land a job.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 9:46 pm
scuba chick

k3atie is on a distinguished road

me to!!!
I know the feeling, don't want to disappoint you but i really think the best option in the long run is to go out there and knock on a few doors.
I have been trying for sooooooo long and nothing there seem to be so many recrutiment agencies - see the forum list.
most don't seem to come or acknowledge how serious you are about it
soz.
im with you, and yes here in uk the weather report says it's going to get cold and snow!!!!! booh

anyway keep you chin up
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:49 am
Long Member

lewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to all
Talking Re: I Really want to move to Dubai!

Thanks a Lot
[email protected]
Bring 5 canadian love bunnys with you and you can bring them to the bat cave with me and JD.....thats 2 each for us and 1 for you....all must be goers and good looking...oh and like...Planes...rally cars and Motorbikes..we will wait for your reply......happy hunting
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:51 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lewis748
Bring 5 canadian love bunnys with you and you can bring them to the bat cave with me and JD.....thats 2 each for us and 1 for you....all must be goers and good looking...oh and like...Planes...rally cars and Motorbikes..we will wait for your reply......happy hunting

Oh I love a big suzuki 750R...yeah old I know but the new ones just go too fast for my brain.....no comments you ugly ones!!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:08 am
Long Member

lewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to all
Wink Re: I Really want to move to Dubai!

Oh I love a big suzuki 750R...yeah old I know but the new ones just go too fast for my brain.....no comments you ugly ones!!
There you go again.... with all that sexy talk....750R, duke 916....you know how to turn me on....question is what presses your buttons?

Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:18 am
Banned

There you go again.... with all that sexy talk....750R, duke 916....you know how to turn me on....question is what presses your buttons?

Horses
Attached Images  
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:29 am
Long Member

Talking Re: I Really want to move to Dubai!

Horses
think I've seen that Video !!!.........so it would go somthing like.....Leather saddle, riding boots, and whip........sounds just as good as the bikes to me!!!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:37 am
Banned

think I've seen that Video !!!.........so it would go somthing like.....Leather saddle, riding boots, and whip........sounds just as good as the bikes to me!!!
Hmmm something like that all we hv to decide is who wears the spurs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.