Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I need strong pain med !!!

I need strong pain med !!!

Old May 12th 2012, 5:33 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need strong pain med !!!

Originally Posted by mikewot
Call me a pedantic old fuddy duddy if you like but how about seeing a Dr and asking for a prescription?
Dear Pedantic Old Fuddy Duddy,

Medical care & access to Doctors....are luxuries available only to those who have the means to pay.
Yours,
Fellow Pedant.
x
Old May 12th 2012, 5:52 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madkw
i was in a car accsedant a year a go when i was i the state
but when i came home i can't find what i was use to and i'm in big bad pain any advice to how get reall pain killer like OC ans smelar med
Hmmmm,
Sorry you are in a bad way...
I was prescribed OC in US; I understand it is normally prescribed for management of & onset of pain,
not actual, present acute pain as you describe your current condition.
You are being a bit naughty methinks.
Old May 13th 2012, 3:26 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Medical care & access to Doctors....are luxuries available only to those who have the means to pay.
Darling Eva,
As the question was posed in the BritishExpats forum I logically assumed that the poster was a British Expat and was either:
a) Retired here and therefore able to sustain a decent lifestyle, including medical.
or
b) Working here and as it's mandated for expats to have medical as part of their T & C's that would be covered.

Luv & kisses
Mike
Old May 13th 2012, 6:32 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
It seems to be happening a bit lately. Some newbie even told me I should basically keep my mouth shut as I wasn't British.
Nothing wrong with not being British and posting here...but if you haven't got a basic grasp of English it is rather pointless.

I wouldn't go to a foreign language forum if I didn't know the language very well to ask ridiculous questions of strangers when a visit to the doctor is the only obvious answer.

N.
Old May 13th 2012, 7:27 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Nothing wrong with not being British and posting here...but if you haven't got a basic grasp of English it is rather pointless.
Yeah, foreigners - the people that are to the English language what Professor Stephen Hawkins is to Premiership Football!

There are only two types of people in the world. Those that are British and those that wish they were
Old May 13th 2012, 7:36 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Darling Eva,
As the question was posed in the BritishExpats forum I logically assumed that the poster was a British Expat and was either:
a) Retired here and therefore able to sustain a decent lifestyle, including medical.
or
b) Working here and as it's mandated for expats to have medical as part of their T & C's that would be covered.

Luv & kisses
Mike
Well, if it's pedants day; there is no legal requirement for expats in the UAE to have medical cover unless on an AD visa in which case their employer must provide cover.
Old May 13th 2012, 5:26 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

I wouldn't go to a foreign language forum if I didn't know the language very well to ask ridiculous questions of strangers when a visit to the doctor is the only obvious answer.

N.
Thank you Norm. Always good to know that I am accepted.

The language thing is a given really, but then again most other expat communities don't seem to be on t'internet in the same way as the brits so some people try their luck..
Old May 14th 2012, 4:57 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Thank you Norm. Always good to know that I am accepted.

The language thing is a given really, but then again most other expat communities don't seem to be on t'internet in the same way as the brits so some people try their luck..
I exclude Scandinavians from my use of the word foreigner in any case - Germanic brotherhood and all that

N.