Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I need real opinions...

I need real opinions...

Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:29 am
Just Joined

simwhatley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need real opinions...

Hi all. I've been living in the middle east region for about 2 years now and have gotten sick of not being able to find what I wanted on the internet and not having fully functional interactive sites like this one that I've decided to do something about it.

I've started this site called www.dubizzle.com which is kinda a community site for Dubai at the moment, that allows people to buy and sell and trade things and information, but I'm trying to figure out if its exactly what the expat needs. I'd like get some feedback here if you guys don't mind, since most of you guys are pretty switched on. Check it out, let me know what should be changed...etc.

Thanks again. www.dubizzle.com -
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:22 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need real opinions...

Originally Posted by simwhatley
Hi all. I've been living in the middle east region for about 2 years now and have gotten sick of not being able to find what I wanted on the internet and not having fully functional interactive sites like this one that I've decided to do something about it.

I've started this site called www.dubizzle.com which is kinda a community site for Dubai at the moment, that allows people to buy and sell and trade things and information, but I'm trying to figure out if its exactly what the expat needs. I'd like get some feedback here if you guys don't mind, since most of you guys are pretty switched on. Check it out, let me know what should be changed...etc.

Thanks again. www.dubizzle.com -

http://www.dubizzle.com/ohmydubai.php

hahahah very fun! "Butt Sweet" "Sorry for inconvienance" Bin Ladin

Ok my opinion is that you could make it a dating site as well!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:06 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasaNova
http://www.dubizzle.com/ohmydubai.php

hahahah very fun! "Butt Sweet" "Sorry for inconvienance" Bin Ladin

You don't seem to do so bad on yer own
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:11 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

I thought dating sites were banned by etisalat!!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:16 am
Just Joined

The problem with dating sites is you have all this rif raf from india or saudi emailing girls asking them to be their "special friend" and all of a sudden no one uses it anymore because they are sick of all the stupid emails. If you look at the site Network4Dubai for instance. Its completely worthless now. For now we are going to try and keep it business/community oriented. Maybe soon if we are confident that the people using the site are mature enough to handle dating services then we could incorporate them.

Anyway, thats what we think.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:17 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
I thought dating sites were banned by etisalat!!

they only block those threesome and groupy stuff!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:19 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with dating sites is you have all this rif raf from india or saudi emailing girls asking them to be their "special friend" and all of a sudden no one uses it anymore because they are sick of all the stupid emails. If you look at the site Network4Dubai for instance. Its completely worthless now. For now we are going to try and keep it business/community oriented. Maybe soon if we are confident that the people using the site are mature enough to handle dating services then we could incorporate them.

I agree, so how many of you are running this site?

Looks pretty good to me.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
I agree, so how many of you are running this site?

Looks pretty good to me.

Just 2.
Thanks. Its a bunch of work but I think the city needed it.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:22 am
Banned

i used match.com! I told never again... all these girls were telling me that they were Ex-Models and stuff like that!

But when i saw them in reality, I ran away. I am telling you like COWS! But untill today they send me sms's and asking me to be their friend. LOOK I AM NOT INTERESTED!!! but they don't get it.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Thats a shame.....
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Just 2.
Thanks. Its a bunch of work but I think the city needed it.
It really is a good site.My friend bought a car from the classified section.Keep it up...
Oh,can you put free ads for people to visit BE????
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:28 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

And there was me thinking you just wanted "nice friendship"

And in that vein.....

UAE Immigration and Naturalisation test.

The test has been divided into 2 parts. Men and Women (with women in their own special queue and testing room)

Men's Test : Please mark your answer.

1. You see a traffic jam up ahead. You:
a. Get in line and wait for it to clear up
b. Honk your horn like crazy cos you are important and everyone else is scum
c. Get on the hard shoulder, sticking your foot up on the dashboard (to show you mean business), turn on Nancy Ajram, and speed by as you check out all the white harlots.

2. You buy a new car. Whats the first thing you do:
a. Get the insurance and get it registered.
b. Get a tint and a "cool" number plate.
c. "Pimp" it out with reflective tint, rims, spoilers and paint your emails address on the back (in case all the easy foreign honeys want to get in touch with you after seeing how cool you are)

3. You see an expat woman walking to Spinneys, You
a. Drive on like nothings the matter.
b. You drive by and honk.
c. You get out of your car and try to make "nice friendship" with her. If she refuses, you follow her home (after all persistence pays)

4. Your sister/wife wants to go out to a night club, you:
a. Don't mind as you go to clubs as well.
b. Tell her to behave when she gets there as the guys there are asses.
c. Slap her a few times and abuse her and lock her up in her room. Then you go out with your friends to Cyclone. (After all as a Man no rules apply to you).

5. All Asians are:
a. People, just like you an me.
b. Smell. Why cant they bathe a little more?
c. Scum of the earth who are everywhere and should be kicked out after they finish building all the new places. Who wants them around anyway except for some of their women who will make "nice friendship" with you.

6. Education is:
a. Essential for the growth and development of the individual, society and country.
b. Something you do to waste a few years and meet some new girls.
c. Not necessary cos as a local you are born with all the knowledge to do any job possible. (In fact they should make hiring of locals without any qualifications mandatory. Oh wait they already have)

7. Women Are:
a. Equal
b. Equal (as long as they know their place - which is to listen to your infinite wisdom, take care of you and make babies)
c. Toys. Once you get tired of one, get another.

8. We should try to eradicate:
a. Discrimination.
b. Old Cars
c. All that laundry on the balconies which destroy the image of our beautiful country.

9. Malls are for:
a. Shopping.
b. Buying that latest Nokia mobile phone.
c. Buying the latest Nokia phone, the strongest perfume and using my bluetooth function to make "nice friendship" with all those women who I know secretly want me.

10. Sheikh Zayed was:
a. A Good Leader who took care of his people and set the country on the right path to success.
b. One of the greatest leaders of the modern age.
c. So great he makes Gandhi, Churchill and King Arthur look like a bunch of Clowns.

Women's Test:

Please answer the following:

1. Will you make friendship with me:
Yes
No

Scoring:

Men's Test

Mainly A's: You Seditious Foreign devil. We caught you before you could infect us all. Time for deportation.
Mainly B's: Well Done, we will accept you, but watch your mouth. Your ideas are borderline seditious and one peep out of you and we will ban you for six months.
5 C's: Congratulations. We are proud to have you join us. Give us a minute to teach you our secret handshake and nose rub.
7 C's: Wow, You are a genius. We will also throw in a job in the municipality or Etisalat. Your Choice.
9 C's: We will be making you CEO of one of our newest property development companies.
10 C's: Are you sure you didn't pull wasta??????

Women's Test:

Yes: Congratulations. Time to meet the rest of my friends for some nice nights of fun.
No: Get out of here before I thrash you, you foreign harlot.

And on that note I'll get my coat!!

Last edited by MJC; Nov 14th 2005 at 10:37 am. Reason: To make it easier to read
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:37 am
Sat on the fence ......

Originally Posted by MJC
And there was me thinking you just wanted "nice friendship"

And in that vein.....

UAE Immigration and Naturalisation test.

The test has been divided into 2 parts. Men and Women (with women in their own special queue and testing room)

Men's Test : Please mark your answer.

1. You see a traffic jam up ahead. You: a. Get in line and wait for it to clear up b. Honk your horn like crazy cos you are important and everyone else is scum c. Get on the hard shoulder, sticking your foot up on the dashboard (to show you mean business), turn on Nancy Ajram, and speed by as you check out all the white harlots.

2. You buy a new car. Whats the first thing you do: a. Get the insurance and get it registered. b. Get a tint and a "cool" number plate. c. "Pimp" it out with reflective tint, rims, spoilers and paint your emails address on the back (in case all the easy foreign honeys want to get in touch with you after seeing how cool you are)

3. You see an expat woman walking to Spinneys, You a. Drive on like nothings the matter. b. You drive by and honk. c. You get out of your car and try to make "nice friendship" with her. If she refuses, you follow her home (after all persistence pays)

4. Your sister/wife wants to go out to a night club, you: a. Don't mind as you go to clubs as well. b. Tell her to behave when she gets there as the guys there are asses. c. Slap her a few times and abuse her and lock her up in her room. Then you go out with your friends to Cyclone. (After all as a Man no rules apply to you).

5. All Asians are: a. People, just like you an me. b. Smell. Why cant they bathe a little more? c. Scum of the earth who are everywhere and should be kicked out after they finish building all the new places. Who wants them around anyway except for some of their women who will make "nice friendship" with you.

6. Education is: a. Essential for the growth and development of the individual, society and country. b. Something you do to waste a few years and meet some new girls. c. Not necessary cos as a local you are born with all the knowledge to do any job possible. (In fact they should make hiring of locals without any qualifications mandatory. Oh wait they already have)

7. Women Are: a. Equal b. Equal (as long as they know their place - which is to listen to your infinite wisdom, take care of you and make babies) c. Toys. Once you get tired of one, get another.

8. We should try to eradicate: a. Discrimination. b. Old Cars c. All that laundry on the balconies which destroy the image of our beautiful country.

9. Malls are for: a. Shopping. b. Buying that latest Nokia mobile phone. c. Buying the latest Nokia phone, the strongest perfume and using my bluetooth function to make "nice friendship" with all those women who I know secretly want me.

10. Sheikh Zayed was: a. A Good Leader who took care of his people and set the country on the right path to success. b. One of the greatest leaders of the modern age. c. So great he makes Gandhi, Churchill and King Arthur look like a bunch of Clowns.

Women's Test:

Please answer the following:

1. Will you make friendship with me: Yes No

Scoring:

Men's Test

Mainly A's: You Seditious Foreign devil. We caught you before you could infect us all. Time for deportation. Mainly B's: Well Done, we will accept you, but watch your mouth. Your ideas are borderline seditious and one peep out of you and we will ban you for six months.
5 C's: Congratulations. We are proud to have you join us. Give us a minute to teach you our secret handshake and nose rub.
7 C's: Wow, You are a genius. We will also throw in a job in the municipality or Etisalat. Your Choice.
9 C's: We will be making you CEO of one of our newest property development companies.
10 C's: Are you sure you didn't pull wasta??????

Women's Test:

Yes: Congratulations. Time to meet the rest of my friends for some nice nights of fun.
No: Get out of here before I thrash you, you foreign harlot.

And on that note I'll get my coat!!
MJC..........get back to work........
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:38 am
Sat on the fence ......

i used match.com! I told never again... all these girls were telling me that they were Ex-Models and stuff like that!

But when i saw them in reality, I ran away. I am telling you like COWS! But untill today they send me sms's and asking me to be their friend. LOOK I AM NOT INTERESTED!!! but they don't get it.
You'll never learn
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:39 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Works finished (3.30) so I'm here of my own accord, which is worrying!!
Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
MJC..........get back to work........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.