Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

I can now say I'm a proper Dubaian...

View Poll Results: Have you seen one of the rulers out driving?
Yes
83.33%
No
16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

I can now say I'm a proper Dubaian...

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 1:43 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can now say I'm a proper Dubaian...

...after driving behind Shiekh Mo's AMG G63, and then sitting next to him at traffic lights while he had his feet up on the dashboard... like a boss of course (I should add, he wasn't driving).

Just curious to see a show of hands, how many of you have seen him (or Shiekh Khalifa/any of the other heads of state) out and about driving?
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Betty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really nice
Default Re: I can now say I'm a proper Dubaian...

I saw him in that, but that's old news, he now drives the 2013 Range Rover special edition, that has the number 1 plate which the Merc used to have.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:10 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
...after driving behind Shiekh Mo's AMG G63, and then sitting next to him at traffic lights while he had his feet up on the dashboard... like a boss of course (I should add, he wasn't driving).

Just curious to see a show of hands, how many of you have seen him (or Shiekh Khalifa/any of the other heads of state) out and about driving?
Im 8+ years here I've only seen him at big events... guess he doesn't love me... though Mrs Auto has seen him all over the place - in Carrefour MOE, right next to her corporate event things... I do think it's pretty cool how "down with kids" he is....
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:35 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Betty Bee
I saw him in that, but that's old news, he now drives the 2013 Range Rover special edition, that has the number 1 plate which the Merc used to have.
The Merc still has the 1 plate on it. I wouldn't be surprised if all his cars do.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Betty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really niceBetty Bee is just really nice

The Merc still has the 1 plate on it. I wouldn't be surprised if all his cars do.
Does it? How ridiculous, what if he gets a speeding fine
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:43 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

he has all the letter variants of the plate of course...
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

was out in the desert 2004/5 as they were planning to build that resort thing out there ( can't remember the name of it )

as I was leaving I was bombing along a single road when off to my right a car was driving over the sand towards the road at 90 degrees and it was apparent we were going to meet. I said to my companion "watch this twat cut in front of us"

to my amazement he stopped his white merc, gave way to me and waved as I passed. It was Sheik Mo.

few weeks later he came and sat on the table next to me at the Noodle House one lunchtime
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
was out in the desert 2004/5 as they were planning to build that resort thing out there ( can't remember the name of it )

as I was leaving I was bombing along a single road when off to my right a car was driving over the sand towards the road at 90 degrees and it was apparent we were going to meet. I said to my companion "watch this twat cut in front of us"

to my amazement he stopped his white merc, gave way to me and waved as I passed. It was Sheik Mo.

few weeks later he came and sat on the table next to me at the Noodle House one lunchtime
Do you mean Noodle House in that downstairs Boulevard jobby at Emirates Towers?

His office is upstairs and he popped down to Nafoorah (the Lebo place) at least twice a week when I worked on the 49th.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I met him and Princess Haya when I was crewing for 1 of the endurance race teams out by Bab al Shams about 5 years ago.
We had just opened a bottle of bubbly to celebrate finishing the race when he drove passed in his Range Rover. He stopped and got out to talk to us..we all held the glass behind our back and turned as he moved around. My mother was with us and she told him that he was a very handsome man..she had no idea who she was talking to until I showed her the picture the next day in the gulf news
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:04 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Woops!

"he drove passed in his Range Rover."
Old Nov 24th 2012, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
Woops!

"he drove passed in his Range Rover."
what???
Old Nov 24th 2012, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
what???
Grammar police alert............. grammar police alert.............. PASSED (past)
Old Nov 24th 2012, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Dean
Grammar police alert............. grammar police alert.............. PASSED (past)
lol, I know, but in my defence it was late and I was 3 bottles of bubbly down darling
Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Met him quite a few times over the years, many moons ago I was invited to Iftar at his wife's palace, not Princess Haya but the one before. All the kids were there decked out in gold and there was a room full of those life size animals you get in the toy store. He used to come for shisha in the building where my parents live. Saw him at the horse racing a couple of years ago he was behind me on the escalator.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 11:45 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The closest I have been to Sheik Mo was when I was part of a hen party early evening at Barasti many years ago. We all had on matching waistcosts, were clucthing full glasses and we walked right past our group, took it in and smiled and said good evening as he passed through the main bar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.