I am back

Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Duracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to allDuracell_Bunny is a name known to all
Default I am back

Hey people.

Been a long time.

I have settled well back into my old job in Milton Keynes, weather is crap and life is gloomy but I guess I am better off here than I would be in Dubai. 2 of my ex collegues were made redundant last month and have over 150,000 DHS in loans including 4x4's. Looks I left Dubai at a very good time, before the shit really hit the fan.

So how many of you have returned back to the miserable old Island?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 4:23 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am back

I've got just under 2 weeks here in Dubai and then I'll be back. Mr Kitty is staying here for as long as he's got a job.

As for doom and gloom, it's the same everywhere!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes it is redundancy galore here at the minute, lots of people are leaving either to return 'home' or to new Countries.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:14 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
yes it is redundancy galore here at the minute, lots of people are leaving either to return 'home' or to new Countries.
which to be fair is cheering me up no end.

weed out the weak..the real tried and tested expats will survive

bring it back to the way it was before tom dick and unqualified harry stepped ashore to **** up the property market and peoples careers and lives
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander View Post

bring it back to the way it was before tom dick and unqualified harry stepped ashore to **** up the property market and peoples careers and lives
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Cheers Commander!

My project here finishes end of this month, and nothing new to do in DXB, so off to Jeddah-on-red-sea.

More money and leave. Less beer.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:21 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

but there are still a lot of people around that have got a job and for them life just carries on as it was before...and in some cases they will benefit from all this as they now will be able for instance to move to a nicer house for the same (or less) money, they might be able to buy a better car off someone that is in a hurry to leave etc...so at the end of the day it's not doom and gloom for everybody, is it...
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:40 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
but there are still a lot of people around that have got a job and for them life just carries on as it was before...and in some cases they will benefit from all this as they now will be able for instance to move to a nicer house for the same (or less) money, they might be able to buy a better car off someone that is in a hurry to leave etc...so at the end of the day it's not doom and gloom for everybody, is it...
we are better off for it I have to admit but it's tough for those who are out of work
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:48 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

we are better off for it I have to admit but it's tough for those who are out of work
yes it is, but it just bugs me that it seems we all have to walk around saying how bad it's become...I think in times like this there are people that suffer but there are a lot of people that don't...you just don't hear about it that much as people that have something to complain about are usually more vocal than those that are still doing well...and that is nothing to be ashamed about as far as I am concerned...
and unless I actually know the person that has lost their job, I have to be honest and say it doesn't really bother me that much...that's life in a way...

Last edited by MataHari; Mar 15th 2009 at 5:50 am.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:02 am
Concierge

yes it is, but it just bugs me that it seems we all have to walk around saying how bad it's become...I think in times like this there are people that suffer but there are a lot of people that don't...you just don't hear about it that much as people that have something to complain about are usually more vocal than those that are still doing well...and that is nothing to be ashamed about as far as I am concerned...
and unless I actually know the person that has lost their job, I have to be honest and say it doesn't really bother me that much...that's life in a way...
all I can say is I truly hope you don't become victim to this recession, then you will know what has hit you
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:16 am
hmmmm...nice

all I can say is I truly hope you don't become victim to this recession, then you will know what has hit you
What does that have anything to do with anything...I am not wishing for anyone to lose their jobs, am I...I am just saying that for a lot of people life goes on pretty much as it was before.
Do I have to mope around and be unhappy just because we might be next?
Do I have to change my life because other people are being fired?
Can I not spend money because others have it bad?
I certainly don't expect people that I don't know to rally round for me in case we have to leave Dubai if that is what you are referring to, and I don't expect any sympathy from strangers. If it happens then it will be our thing to deal with, no one elses, and it would be up to us to sort things out. And if friends would assist in some ways, then of course that would be very nice.
I cannot carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. People come out here knowing how Dubai works and if things take a turn for the worst you deal with it accordingly, and now more so than ever are people aware of this.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:23 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

agree 100%

unless i know the people i dont really care. Such is life...

there are lots of people who have done well out of this
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:25 am
hmmmm...nice

and why does he get a wub for saying what he says...weed out the weak etc...why is that ok and me saying what I said isn't...
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:26 am
hmmmm...nice

agree 100%

unless i know the people i dont really care. Such is life...

there are lots of people who have done well out of this
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:49 am
Concierge

that is why he got a because I agree 100% with him on this subject

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.