Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hydropolis...wind-up?

Hydropolis...wind-up?

Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:59 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hydropolis...wind-up?

I thought this hotel had been canned, but this report says it opens later this month??

http://www.menareport.com/en/business,Tourism/248166
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hydropolis...wind-up?

If you believe that, you can believe anything...
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

If it's true...then in the current economic climate I can see it sinking.

I'll grab my coat.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Hey look! It's santa claus!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I thought this hotel had been canned, but this report says it opens later this month??

http://www.menareport.com/en/business,Tourism/248166
And while shopping, eating or sleeping, guests can be reassured by their hotels security system: a missile defense system.

At this stage - it sort of got silly for me.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:55 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Aren't there any regulations preventing the media from reporting complete and utter dosh? Mind you, if there was, there would be very few newspapers still printing in the Middle East.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

ssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andrewpops
And while shopping, eating or sleeping, guests can be reassured by their hotels security system: a missile defense system.

At this stage - it sort of got silly for me.
Funnily enough I was working on this project and still have new spangly suit, courtesy of Rami in Satwa, hanging in my wardrobe awaiting the grand black-tie opening scheduled for....you guessed it.. next month!

Unfortunately one of the missiles exploded during final commissioning, wiping out the entire development. They had sought to introduce them into an 'Atlantis style' grand opening but got a tad carried away!

Never mind, only a minor hitch, hence why it wasn't reported in any of the local press.

If anybody is interested, you can still see the remains of the Hotel from the observation deck at the top of Trump Tower on the Palm Jumeirah, standing on tippy-toe looking beyond the plethora of spanking new Hotels, Villas and condo's on the recently completed and now, fully occupied World development.

Fear not! In true Dubai 'get up and go' the developer is building another, larger, Hydropolis from scratch - soon to be announced as the LARGEST underwater hotel cum Middle Eastern strategic defense facility in the world.

Unfortunately, as the new designs were only presented to the municipality this week the rescheduled reopening has had to be put back to April 1st, 2010.

Hope my suit still fits
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:20 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, well, if it opens next month, then they're going for another "soft opening" 'cos I can't for the life of me find a way to book a room.

The official site is "under construction" too.