HSBC problems

Old Jan 26th 2007, 10:19 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default HSBC problems

Anybody now what’s going on with HSBC today? Their internet banking has screwed up a couple of transactions of mine and the mistake is fairly obvious, even just by looking a the amounts on the statement you can see that previous balance minus transfer amount does not equal current balance?

I have been trying to call them since about 12 but they are constantly engaged, nothing on their website and nothing on any of the newspaper sites?

Anyone else affected or got any idea as to what is going on?
Old Jan 26th 2007, 11:13 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC problems

Finally managed to get through on the phone and the problem with my account now appears to have mysteriously corrected itself. I just wish I had downloaded the E-statement when it was incorrect, the one I am looking at now in no way resembles the one I was looking at earlier....

Hooo humm got my money back so I suppose I should be grateful...
Old Jan 26th 2007, 11:39 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere

Hooo humm got my money back so I suppose I should be grateful...
Customer service in the UAE, don't you just love it!!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:06 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
Customer service in the UAE, don't you just love it!!
Don't get me started on that lot.

At least Dick Turpin wore a ****ing mask.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Don't get me started on that lot.

At least Dick Turpin wore a ****ing mask.
After months of being frustrated with them it took a further 3 months to close the credit cards and finally bank account and get a letter allowing me to have salary transfered to another bank. They're useless!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:56 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
After months of being frustrated with them it took a further 3 months to close the credit cards and finally bank account and get a letter allowing me to have salary transfered to another bank. They're useless!
Who are you using instead??
Old Jan 30th 2007, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Who are you using instead??
Mashreqbank.
They have a branch right downstairs from my office - you don't have to go to diera or bur dubai branch in 4 hours of traffic to get anything slightly major done.
They don't quite have the services that the status account at HSBC had but half the time you never got the service promised from HSBC anyway.
Better term deposit interest rate on savings as well than HSBC.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:29 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta agree with Jeeper

I ended up using Mashreqbank in the Murooj - nice set up and no wait
Was with HSBC for too many years.... status means that you just stand in a queu in a different part of the building .......
Old Feb 13th 2007, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

soennecken will become famous soon enough
Default Childrens account

Has anybody tried to open an account in the UK while non resident, yep you have to jump through a few hoops.
I have never tried to open a childrens account but now I would like to. Every online application has heart failure if you are not uk resident. it seems offshore banks dont have childrens accounts? Anybody have any recommendations for a bank that deals with non residents.
Soen
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I would try some of the UK banks that have branches here- even if they appear to be completely different companies. HSBC Offshore on Beach Road at least has real people you can talk to rather than just trying to fill in online forms.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Well, I would try some of the UK banks that have branches here- even if they appear to be completely different companies. HSBC Offshore on Beach Road at least has real people you can talk to rather than just trying to fill in online forms.
Good idea.....................thanks
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:29 am
Banned

Austin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to allAustin Marley is a name known to all

I have never had so many problems with a bank ever. They are an absolute pain in the arse. Status account, what does that mean? Privileged service my eye
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by soennecken
Good idea.....................thanks
I tried the local HSBC and L/TSB, they only offer Dirhams accounts. Ah the joys of expatriatecy (that's a new word)
Old Feb 15th 2007, 10:40 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soennecken
I tried the local HSBC and L/TSB, they only offer Dirhams accounts. Ah the joys of expatriatecy (that's a new word)
Have you tried the HSBC branch on Jumeirah Beach Road? That is for offshore accounts only, I think

Te;: 971-4-3948252