Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

how to rent in abu dhabi

how to rent in abu dhabi

Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:07 am
Just Joined

lizzyv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how to rent in abu dhabi

Moving to Abu Dhabi in March and trying to find somewhere to live. Can anyone give me an idea of good areas, rentals for apartments and 3 bed villa and if there are any compounds in Abu Dhabi. Also, I understand that the best bet is to go through estate agents but not all are reliable.... anyone got any good ones???? Have costs come down in Abu Dhabi. Currently live in Qatar where rents have decreased quite a bit over the past year.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to rent in abu dhabi

rents have come down for villas off island, not so on island and not so for apartments. whats your budget then i will prob be able to tell you whether on or off island etc. 3 beds kcb going for 180
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busybee2
rents have come down for villas off island, not so on island and not so for apartments. whats your budget then i will prob be able to tell you whether on or off island etc. 3 beds kcb going for 180
budget is 18,000 per month.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yeh as i said 180 in kcb but you would prob need more towards 250 for apartment on island.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

yeh as i said 180 in kcb but you would prob need more towards 250 for apartment on island.
sorry but what is KCB? who would I need to get in touch with regarding renting an apartment. In Qatar you just apply to the compound but I understand that in Abu Dhabi you have to pay agents fees.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lizzyv
sorry but what is KCB? who would I need to get in touch with regarding renting an apartment. In Qatar you just apply to the compound but I understand that in Abu Dhabi you have to pay agents fees.
Khalifa City B. Imagine something out of Mad Max. Tumble weeds, car crashes, sand and half built villas.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

who would I need to get in touch with regarding renting an apartment. In Qatar you just apply to the compound but I understand that in Abu Dhabi you have to pay agents fees.
Get onto dubbizle. You may be lucky, and find some direct from the "owner" (its a crock). You will likely have to pay 5% to an agent for the privilege of showing you through a property, then lying through their teeth to you.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spart
Khalifa City B. Imagine something out of Mad Max. Tumble weeds, car crashes, sand and half built villas.
hahahaha have you actually been out that way recently so can you truely comment. kcb is so much better than kca for eg, because they have actually finished most of the roads but more importantly its not moon base alpha any more as they have put in pavements, YES PAVEMENTS...! which are a very rare breed... lol.... no tumble weeds, car crashes, that mostly happens in kca, sand , nope no sand, half built villas, well some but then thats a lot of abu dhabi.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kca and kcb khalifa city a and b, google it will be madinet khalifa etc. kca is up by the ad golf club, nearest google reference, and kcb is near to mafraq hospital/hotel.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

hahahaha have you actually been out that way recently so can you truely comment. kcb is so much better than kca for eg, because they have actually finished most of the roads but more importantly its not moon base alpha any more as they have put in pavements, YES PAVEMENTS...! which are a very rare breed... lol.... no tumble weeds, car crashes, that mostly happens in kca, sand , nope no sand, half built villas, well some but then thats a lot of abu dhabi.
Must be awesome to live on your planet some time bb...

KCB being better than KCA is still like saying that Bruges is better than Cardiff.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:49 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spart
Get onto dubbizle. You may be lucky, and find some direct from the "owner" (its a crock). You will likely have to pay 5% to an agent for the privilege of showing you through a property, then lying through their teeth to you.
you're on fine form this evening, Spart!
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
you're on fine form this evening, Spart!
Why thank you. Could just about go postal with a few "real estate" monkeys at present.

What a shower they are here....
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:24 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

bollox, we have just rented another 3 bed in Khalidya opposite the park for 190,000...
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:46 am
Just Joined

can I ask who you rented from? was it an estate agent and if so do you have the contact details.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:49 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

can I ask who you rented from? was it an estate agent and if so do you have the contact details.
yes it was..we have taken on 2 of the apartments (duplex's) we now have 4 of them.

Ive not signed the contract so ill reveal my source once its all signed and sealed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.