Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How much does a visa cost?

How much does a visa cost?

Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all
Default How much does a visa cost?

Im back out in DXb again at the end of the month and I have a mate of mine who is helping me out with a visa.

He is awaiting confirmation on the costs. Anyone any idea roughly how much I'll have to shell out for Residency (he says it will ahve a trade licence also but I dont need that anyway)

thanks in advance
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much does a visa cost?

why you doing that?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
why you doing that?

many reasons.

(a) i want to open a local bank account (with cards)
(b) I am eventually going to buy or rent long term and officially i should have residence (im only looking at short term unofficially just now as I want to wait until schools are out to see how much rent/sale prices drop then)

basically life is easier with one.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
many reasons.

(a) i want to open a local bank account (with cards)
(b) I am eventually going to buy or rent long term and officially i should have residence (im only looking at short term unofficially just now as I want to wait until schools are out to see how much rent/sale prices drop then)

basically life is easier with one.
yes but you should gain it via employment? if you are getting a trade license you have to have an office? sounds dodgy to me.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

yes but you should gain it via employment? if you are getting a trade license you have to have an office? sounds dodgy to me.

I work offshore in the oil industry. I work in Angola (where i am now) on a month on/month off rotation.
I spend my month off in Dubai so it would make things easier for me. Not too worried about the trade licence thing, as long as i can rent (or eventually buy at resident mortgage rates and deposits) and open an account then im happy.

does anyone happen to know how much?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:21 am
Concierge

I work offshore in the oil industry. I work in Angola (where i am now) on a month on/month off rotation.
I spend my month off in Dubai so it would make things easier for me. Not too worried about the trade licence thing, as long as i can rent (or eventually buy at resident mortgage rates and deposits) and open an account then im happy.

does anyone happen to know how much?
I was under the impression that you could open an account with HSBC without a visa? lots of people have bought property here and they aren't all residents. All I know is it cost us 4000 dhs for my husband to add myself and our daughter to his visa.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

I was under the impression that you could open an account with HSBC without a visa? lots of people have bought property here and they aren't all residents. All I know is it cost us 4000 dhs for my husband to add myself and our daughter to his visa.
i can open an account but i cant get any cards (visa etc) so it wouldnt be much good.

Also, regarding the mortgage, non-residents get a lot less. e.g at the moment, if you can get one that is (i dont want one just now anyway) i could only get 50% mortgage and 50% deposit. residents looking at around 70-80% mortgage (will eventually go back up to 90% when the climate is better). Also, im saving up just and there is no way i could afford 50% for a long time.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:32 am
Concierge

very significant fact that isn't it, banks will only give 50%, that's because that is all they think the properties are worth - they are of course right. A three bed on the Springs currently for sale at 3.7 million. No chance.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

very significant fact that isn't it, banks will only give 50%, that's because that is all they think the properties are worth - they are of course right. A three bed on the Springs currently for sale at 3.7 million. No chance.
Thats why im holding off.

Seen the cheapest villa in a good few years on Dubizzle last night - 90,000 dhs p.a, 2 bed in the Springs also. The rentals are dropping like hell the last 2 months - Still a few trying to get as much as possible, cant blame them if their mortgage repayments are so high, but they have no chance. (e.g for the same type of house in the springs someone wanted 150k a few adverts later)
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

A three bed on the Springs currently for sale at 3.7 million

Mine's cheaper than that!
If you know anyone interested let me know. Or is there any decent estate agent on here that want to sell it for me?

LOL
P
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:19 am
Concierge

Thats why im holding off.

Seen the cheapest villa in a good few years on Dubizzle last night - 90,000 dhs p.a, 2 bed in the Springs also. The rentals are dropping like hell the last 2 months - Still a few trying to get as much as possible, cant blame them if their mortgage repayments are so high, but they have no chance. (e.g for the same type of house in the springs someone wanted 150k a few adverts later)
those who bought off plan will be fine, they were initially renting 2 beds at 55k so if that covered their mortgage I am pretty sure 90k will. Those who are in trouble are the ones who have bought in the last 12 months, and have found themselves without tennants. Personally I don't think those two beds are worth 900k never mind 2 mill.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:20 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Poitin
A three bed on the Springs currently for sale at 3.7 million

Mine's cheaper than that!
If you know anyone interested let me know. Or is there any decent estate agent on here that want to sell it for me?

LOL
P
on reflection I think I got that wrong, it's 2.7 with no takers, nice villa with a pool
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:23 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

those who bought off plan will be fine, they were initially renting 2 beds at 55k so if that covered their mortgage I am pretty sure 90k will. Those who are in trouble are the ones who have bought in the last 12 months, and have found themselves without tennants. Personally I don't think those two beds are worth 900k never mind 2 mill.
Aye, the place Im in was bought by an Indian brotehr and sister just inder a year ago. Got 4 months to go on my rental and they are already calling asking if I plan on renewing... Their problem is that they need the exorbitant rent to cover their mortgage and, quite frankly, they aint gonna get it come June....
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:52 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Aye, the place Im in was bought by an Indian brotehr and sister just inder a year ago. Got 4 months to go on my rental and they are already calling asking if I plan on renewing... Their problem is that they need the exorbitant rent to cover their mortgage and, quite frankly, they aint gonna get it come June....
nope they aint, and they know that and are bricking it now. Bet they try to sell it .
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

nope they aint, and they know that and are bricking it now. Bet they try to sell it .

Good luck to them

And they get cheaper, now @85k!!!

http://www.dubizzle.com/property-for...s/?from_search

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.