Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How much....................

How much....................

Old Jul 7th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute
Default How much....................

Any ideas how much a set of golf clubs costs to transport as excess baggage from Manchester - Abu Dhabi with Etihad?

Looked on their site but no indication of cost

Rough estimate will suffice

Cheers

Karl
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much....................

don't they usually let you bring golf clubs through free of charge...we've never had to pay...

MM, xx
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

shall i share information re this maybe not, it depends if i get shot down in flames.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Most airlines allow you to take certain items of sports equipment in addiontion to your baggage allowance, providing it doesn't weigh over 15 or 20 kg (varies airline to airline). I haul my dive gear around the world so always check. When I came out here it was 15kg, and I am sure golf clubs were also included on the list of sports equipment it includes. Unfortunately the ethihad website times out when I click on the relevant link, but you might have better luck:

http://www.etihadairways.com/etihada...had%20flights?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
shall i share information re this maybe not, it depends if i get shot down in flames.

I wont shoot you down busybee !
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

ok it depends on the airline, of course, but you are best trying to speak to somebody as i am trying to find out the same with lufthansa, one person i speak with say that it costs 78usd and then somebody else in the office says 50usd (a supervisor) but the website says its free of charge as part of luggage allowance, so i am now going to ring the duty mgr tomorrow at the airport to see what different story i get, yes most airlines will give you free upto a point, and if you are a frequent flyer then you get that as well, but as a 'normal' person best to check because being this is abu dhabi things change, even if you are 10 feet apart asking the question on the same day and the same time...! if you go to their website it says check with the airline, so get a travel agent to ask, or go into the office in admall, but whether you get an answer who knows, this is what its like here.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:35 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Karlos, if I were you I would go to their office in Khaladyia Mall and get the carriage cost in writing from staff- many business colleaugues charged varying amounts.Their website advises:

''For detailed information about carriage of sporting equipment and other categories excess baggage charges (Weight/Piece Concept), please contact nearest Etihad Airways office''.

PS -you could be in bother as it looks as tho' they don't carry Jackals
''Pets in cabin – Weight Concept
The carriage of animals in the cabin is restricted to falcons only and is permitted on all types of aircraft subject to the following conditions:

Diamond First Class
• Up to 2 falcons per guest (per seat) are permitted. Charge for each falcon (which is considered 3 kilos) is 3 times the normal excess baggage rate of the journey.
• Up to 2 additional falcons can be carried when an extra seat is purchased within same class. No excess baggage charges for the additional falcons will apply''

So you buy and extra seat and get to take two birds with ya eh?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

I have rung them four times I am now sick of being in a queue !

I think I will just sneak the clubs through in my boxer shorts and hope for the best !

Eva - It doesn't say they do carry Jackals but then again it doesn't say they don't !

I will just have to board the flight in cognito as a dog and sit in the cargo hold !
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

welcome to abu dhabi, it does depend on weight or piece, i was told that my flight was done by piece, which is free for golf clubs, but ring them up and different amounts quoted, so best of luck, this is what we have to contend with here, the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
I have rung them four times I am now sick of being in a queue !

I think I will just sneak the clubs through in my boxer shorts and hope for the best !

Eva - It doesn't say they do carry Jackals but then again it doesn't say they don't !

I will just have to board the flight in cognito as a dog and sit in the cargo hold !
honestly...loads of our friends have brought clubs out with them and they have never had to pay...i'm sure you will be fine...

MM, xx
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't mind paying MM as long as its not 300.00GBP !

Ah sod it, fetching them back to Abu Dhabi anyway !
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ok on lufthansa the charges are:

s up 15kg 78 USD
m 15-30kg 155 USD
l 30+ 310 USD

now that is one quote i have had, others (same office people 10 feet apart!!!) said starts at 50 USD, now is that single or return who knows.

might give you a little insight (or not)

perhaps do what i am doing tomorrow, ring up duty manager at airport, as they deal with the cargo etc and perhaps should know more than the people in the 'office'.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

if you are a frequent flyer then you may get it 'free of charge' (depending on the moon of course)
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the information all !
Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

not sure if this is of any use but near the Beach rotana hotel opposite side there is a baggage check in why don't you check there only a small ride for a pint at the captains after!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.