Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How to get rid off things

How to get rid off things

Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:22 am
Just Joined

karogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get rid off things

What's the best way to sell your furniture when leaving the country ?

Does anybody know of somebody who could be interested in buying a complete set of furniture or a cheap storage facility.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:41 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get rid off things

expat woman, dubizzle, souq, notice boards in Spinneys...
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:59 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
expat woman, dubizzle, souq, notice boards in Spinneys...
yea as above, youll get rid of it no worries..
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

i have a full villa of furniture to go ASAP!

Going to do the exactly what you have listed!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
i have a full villa of furniture to go ASAP!

Going to do the exactly what you have listed!
hey this new guy arrives Saturday, he needs kitchen appliances, once I find him a villa that is !!! PM me your phone number, we might be able to sort something out.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

karogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

we have a cooker electric bompani i steel new price 2,5 month ago 60*90 newprice 4600 to be sold for 2000 dhs

We have a waterdispenser to 200 dhs.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:54 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karogan
Hi

we have a cooker electric bompani i steel new price 2,5 month ago 60*90 newprice 4600 to be sold for 2000 dhs

We have a waterdispenser to 200 dhs.
leave it with me
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

ooooooh if we are being cheeky here is a very short list of the big stuff;

32 inch Phillips LCD Flat Screen TV
Black with 8 months warranty 1500AED

Phillips Surround Sound System 500AED

Pan Emirates TV Unit 350AED

LG Tall Fridge/Freezer
Silver with 8 months warranty 1000AED

LG Washing Machine 7KG
Silver with 8 months warranty 600AED

Pan Emirates 6 Foot Decorative Mirror 450AED

Pan Emirates Bedroom Set 1
Beech with bedside units and chest of drawers 1000AED

Pan Emirates Bedroom Set 2
Black with bedside units, wardrobes and chest of drawers 1000AED

Pan Emirates Lounge Settee L Shaped
Brown 1000AED

there is the rest of the stuff that you would usually have in a house! offers welcome! teehee
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:15 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I assume LEL offered you full relocation back to UK?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by commander
I assume LEL offered you full relocation back to UK?
Honestly dont ask!! What they want and what they are going to get is two very different things! however as for selling stuff off, we have a house full of stuff at home and have no where to put any of this stuff so im not looking to make a profit just make sure LEL dont get left with anymore of our fricken stuff
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:30 am
banned

Oh I agree totally but they should have offered you a full relocation package to your country of origin.

Anything you don't sell send back on LEL's bill just for the hell of it..
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:50 am
Concierge

Oh I agree totally but they should have offered you a full relocation package to your country of origin.

Anything you don't sell send back on LEL's bill just for the hell of it..
that is what I would do! and yes they have to repatriate you, it is in the labour law
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that is what I would do! and yes they have to repatriate you, it is in the labour law
BC you gotta be careful on the repatriation bit, the labour law states this

At the end of the contract the employer is responsible for the repatriation expenses of the employee to the place of recruitment or to any other place that the two parties have agree upon.

Therefore you have to be careful on this one, the safest way to ensure repatriation costs is to have it written into your contract of employment

If you were hired in the UAE, you will get a ticket to the UAE
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:04 am
banned

Originally Posted by annacarna
BC you gotta be careful on the repatriation bit, the labour law states this

At the end of the contract the employer is responsible for the repatriation expenses of the employee to the place of recruitment or to any other place that the two parties have agree upon.

Therefore you have to be careful on this one, the safest way to ensure repatriation costs is to have it written into your contract of employment

If you were hired in the UAE, you will get a ticket to the UAE
exactly i made sure it was written into my contract to my country of origin..i.e button moon
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

exactly i made sure it was written into my contract to my country of origin..i.e button moon
so you not in jail then, mabrouk!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.