Reload this Page >

How do I get a non-po address for deliveries from amazon

How do I get a non-po address for deliveries from amazon

Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:42 am
Just Joined

Geckogirlie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I get a non-po address for deliveries from amazon

Hi,
I would like to order something from Amazon but apart from the fact they won't willingly ship to Bahrain they also won't ship to a PO Box number.
Apart from having it shipped to a UK address to be forwarded does anyone know of a way around this?
Helen xx
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:07 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I get a non-po address for deliveries from amazon

Originally Posted by Geckogirlie
Hi,
I would like to order something from Amazon but apart from the fact they won't willingly ship to Bahrain they also won't ship to a PO Box number.
Apart from having it shipped to a UK address to be forwarded does anyone know of a way around this?
Helen xx
When we were in Bahrain we got Amazon to deliver to our PO Box without a problem...apart from the fact that the package then went to customs so we had to collect from some dive up north of Manama.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

www.aramex.com/shopandship

I haven't used it personally, but it does come recommended from others who have.

Basically, buy from Amazon ( or from any other site ) , give them your UK Aramex address( after you set up an account with them ) , and then then forward it to you anywhere in the world. Of course there is a charge involved, so don't know how cost effective it will be, as you are paying for two lots of shipping.

Amazon's a bit hit and miss for me so far, some of the stuff they won't ship to KSA. Have bought stuff off eBay, and it's got here in about five days.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
When we were in Bahrain we got Amazon to deliver to our PO Box without a problem...apart from the fact that the package then went to customs so we had to collect from some dive up north of Manama.
It's a wii game I am trying to order looks as if it is just the country it doesn't like. Books seem okay but not games.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

they delivered to my po box in dubai
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
www.aramex.com/shopandship

I haven't used it personally, but it does come recommended from others who have.

Basically, buy from Amazon ( or from any other site ) , give them your UK Aramex address( after you set up an account with them ) , and then then forward it to you anywhere in the world. Of course there is a charge involved, so don't know how cost effective it will be, as you are paying for two lots of shipping.

Amazon's a bit hit and miss for me so far, some of the stuff they won't ship to KSA. Have bought stuff off eBay, and it's got here in about five days.
Okay, will take a look thanks. Maybe ebay will be the better option.
Hxx
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geckogirlie
It's a wii game I am trying to order looks as if it is just the country it doesn't like. Books seem okay but not games.
a Wii game? Can't you just go buy one locally? Is your console a local one or did you bring it out you? Either way, they should be compatible, as this area is PAL and so fits in with rest of Europe.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

they will not deliver games read their rules
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:50 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

I've looked for rules and found none, please provide a link. Is this Emirates Post or Aramex we're talking about? I'm awaiting a game right now and if it won't arrive I'd like to know.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:57 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

Sorry, read the thread from the bottom. You were talking about Bahrain but if anyone has knowledge of this for the UAE I'd appreciate it.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Have you seen the prices of Wii games over here? Extorionate along with everything else! lol

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
a Wii game? Can't you just go buy one locally? Is your console a local one or did you bring it out you? Either way, they should be compatible, as this area is PAL and so fits in with rest of Europe.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
I've looked for rules and found none, please provide a link. Is this Emirates Post or Aramex we're talking about? I'm awaiting a game right now and if it won't arrive I'd like to know.
no we used to use amazon years ago and in the rules for international postage they will not ship computer software/games etc, although they will ship big heavy books......
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
no we used to use amazon years ago and in the rules for international postage they will not ship computer software/games etc, although they will ship big heavy books......
it's a fraud thing...games are so expensive and they were losing a fortune, same for many online retailers...

MM, xx
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Use Aramex, then you can have an address in UK and US - works fine and can use Amazon etc there as welll
Old Mar 1st 2009, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

...I've ordered from Amazon and had it here 4 days later (via Aramex) - costs etc on the website, but allows you to get anything (legal) in OK ...

Last edited by B Bear; Mar 1st 2009 at 4:45 pm. Reason: error

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.