Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How can I watch tv? free. online.

How can I watch tv? free. online.

Old Sep 4th 2014, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How can I watch tv? free. online.

Originally Posted by martinbkk
A note of caution about TV's.

Depending on the TV brand not all will accept their being in your country of choice. For example my 2013 model LG smart 3d tv have about 25 countries stored in its region selector. When connected through my VPN enabled router which gives it a UK ip address the tv thinks it is in a basic default "other" country and does not load the relevant apps so for iPlayer use I am limited to opening it in the browser. It does not appear in the baked in apps as it would if it were a true UK model.

I understand there is a way to reset the TV to reprogram the region groups to make it an EU model as opposed to a ME&A model but I've not yet found how to achieve that.

Other than that any of the various services that can spoof your location should basically work. On a laptop usually easier than a TV.
The language settings and IP address do not affect the region the TV is assigned to. Changing the region is effectively a hack - hence the weird sequence on the remote that has to be entered on a very specific screen. Search, the answer is out there...
Old Sep 4th 2014, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, understood and yes I've read about various key combinations to achieve the hack but I suspect it might mean buying extra hardware in my case. The 2013 LG TV came with a "Magic Remote" that has only a handful of buttons and a wheel. It might require a Logitech Harmony grade remote to access the service menu I think.

My thinking on the region programming based on IP was that with a UK IP address were the TV a UK region capable set then the automatic sense would choose UK as the region. Since the region group needs to be changed it's not quite as straightforward as it seems.

I've been searching a region group hack for my TV for some months now to no avail.

Update:
Just downloaded LG service menu explorer to my android phone. Will try that this evening.

Last edited by martinbkk; Sep 4th 2014 at 12:27 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Yorlig is an unknown quantity at this point

I use filmon and a chrome cast. He only issue is when certain sporting events are on. For example I couldn't watch the World Cup due to rights issues. A VPN allowed me to watch the games but would not cast to the TV.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

a few $ a month for a decent vpn service is well worth it. BBC, ITV, C4, C5, SKY GO (if you can borrow someone's account details from the uk). stop being so tight.

or there are a couple of websites that have links to lots of series to watch. PM me if you want the site names.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

MediaHint on Chrome works well for BBC iplayer and Hulu (although google has now taken to blocking it as apparently it's a security risk, so it now requires a bit of fiddling to install properly).

wiziwig.tv has lots of sports streaming channels. kat.ph has lots of torrents of movies and tv shows etc (I use utorrent to download them). You can also get a lot of satellite tv channels. Overall this keeps me happy.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
Okay, understood and yes I've read about various key combinations to achieve the hack but I suspect it might mean buying extra hardware in my case. The 2013 LG TV came with a "Magic Remote" that has only a handful of buttons and a wheel. It might require a Logitech Harmony grade remote to access the service menu I think.

My thinking on the region programming based on IP was that with a UK IP address were the TV a UK region capable set then the automatic sense would choose UK as the region. Since the region group needs to be changed it's not quite as straightforward as it seems.

I've been searching a region group hack for my TV for some months now to no avail.

Update:
Just downloaded LG service menu explorer to my android phone. Will try that this evening.
did the app work?
Old Sep 24th 2014, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

magnification is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems my laptop has a bug.
Need to sort it first.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 9:53 am
Banned

mejohnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

Channel 4
Old Sep 26th 2014, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

samrakaan is an unknown quantity at this point

try xbmc there are loads of You tube videos for it and you can download to your laptop and stream loads of things, I have not tried it in the middle east yet so let me know how you get on.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiva
not using that kind but id assume if it can be done on one brand it can be done on most. Ta
"How to Change Region on a Panasonic Smart TV
Last Updated: Apr 24, 2014 12:49PM CEST
There is currently no way to change the region on an Panasonic TV."

https://support.unlocator.com/custom...ticles/1244176

unfortunately not all....ah well I'll need to bear with my VPN and Filmon
Old Sep 28th 2014, 2:29 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I download all of mine from a torrent site and play it through a media player straight onto the TV, no time difference etc.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 11:20 am
Just Joined

RI207 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone tried changing the region on the Samsung F series TVs?. I followed the link that Millhouse has kindly shared however didn't have any success.

Anyone else tried this?
Old Sep 29th 2014, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RI207
Has anyone tried changing the region on the Samsung F series TVs?. I followed the link that Millhouse has kindly shared however didn't have any success.

Anyone else tried this?
Mine's an F... You probably were not on the right screen when you started the key presses. It's not easy and took me a few attempts

https://www.smartydns.com/support/se...t-tv-f-series/
Old Sep 29th 2014, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

RI207 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you get the T&Cs and privacy policy in Arabic? I had 3 tick boxes but all in writing in Arabic. When I started the key presses nothing happened and then it said "set up complete"

Also on initial set up. Do you have to set your receiver signal to "set box" instead of "Arial" and then add your wifi connection too?

Might have to try it at home and drop you a DM or something if you don't mind. Would love to set it up knowing that it works on F series too ..

Thanks mate.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by RI207
Did you get the T&Cs and privacy policy in Arabic? I had 3 tick boxes but all in writing in Arabic. When I started the key presses nothing happened and then it said "set up complete"

Also on initial set up. Do you have to set your receiver signal to "set box" instead of "Arial" and then add your wifi connection too?

Might have to try it at home and drop you a DM or something if you don't mind. Would love to set it up knowing that it works on F series too ..

Thanks mate.
from what I remember there were two T&C screens. It worked on one, but not the other. The 'second' T&C screen was much harder to find. Mine was all in English. I'll look tonight.

I've never plugged my TV into anything other than the xbox and ethernet... that said, it was ex.display so someone had 'set it up' before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.