Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How to buy a car in KSA privetly?

How to buy a car in KSA privetly?

Old Sep 18th 2010, 11:09 am
Just Joined

trojanhorse is on a distinguished road
Default How to buy a car in KSA privetly?

Hi there
I have found another expat selling his car in Dammam saudi Arabia and want to purchase it, what is the current process for transfering ownership and registration? Anyone with recent experience would be a great help. I have searched the site and got lost in lots of car talk but little of any use.

Thanks for your help
Trojan horse
Old Sep 18th 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to buy a car in KSA privetly?

It is a very simple (for once here in the sand pit)
All you need is your papers all in order
you go to one of the many mr fixits and in about one and a half days they do the lot for you.
There is no need for you to go down to the police station at all.
This is what i did last year.
For me it was the best 150 riyals i have spent !!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

HOT ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

At first you have to make sure that the car has MOT because it can not be transfer to your name of the MOT has run out. secondly, the registration certificate fees should be paid. Thirdly, you have to make insurance. those three thing must be OK to be able to Transfer the car to your name.
How to transfer the car to your name:
1- you have to go to the nearest place to sell cars with the owner of the car to make contract. Making contract costs around 100 SR.
2- you can make insurance from the same place and that cost 375 SR. I advise you to make insurance in ( Altawniah ) company because it is the best one in KSA and cost just 375.
3- after that you have two choices. The first one is you go to the police station by your self to have the new registration certificate. The second one is you can pay 100 SR for those who made you the contract to finish every thing for you.
I advise you to chose the second one.
you can collect your new certificate from the place where you made the contract and you will not be allowed to drive the car before you receive your certificate.
in general it takes maximum two days to be ready

so you have to pay 100 SR for the contract + 100 for the person who will go to the police station + 150 SR fees + 375 insurance = 725

if the MOT has run out you have to pay 100 SR for the person who will take the car to the MOT station + 73 fees

I am sorry if my post is understandable but I tried my best.
if you have any questions I would happy to help you
Old Sep 19th 2010, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

emt14 is an unknown quantity at this point

It might seem obvious too but you will need an iqama and a saudi driving license too!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:10 am
Just Joined

trojanhorse is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all for your usefull and clear advise I shall proceed next week when national day etc. is in the past . Thanks again.

Trojanhorse