Hiring a driver?

Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:11 am
Just Joined

jumeirahjen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hiring a driver?

Living in Dubai and can't drive! Husband has just gone away on buisness for the week and I need a driver to take my kids to and from school preferably using our car, does anyone have any numbers or suggestions! With the experience I had with a taxi this morning it's clear I can't rely on them all week! thanks x
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hiring a driver?

Originally Posted by jumeirahjen
Living in Dubai and can't drive! Husband has just gone away on buisness for the week and I need a driver to take my kids to and from school preferably using our car, does anyone have any numbers or suggestions! With the experience I had with a taxi this morning it's clear I can't rely on them all week! thanks x

could one of the other Mum's not help you out til husband get's back?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:54 am
Just Joined

The problem with that is we're the other end of dubai from the school and it would be a stretch for someone to come and get us when most stay nearer the school!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

pm indiegirl, she might be able to help...but you will need to make one more post to enable the pm facility...

MM, xx
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
pm indiegirl, she might be able to help...but you will need to make one more post to enable the pm facility...

MM, xx
ok thanks i'll give it a shot!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Matthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant futureMatthew-C has a brilliant future

ok thanks i'll give it a shot!
The driver that we have, used to be a taxi driver. They approached him when they first arived in Dubai. And he was more than happy to leave the cab game. It is important that you get a bit of a background check on them, and that you trust them. Our driver is verry good, and worth his weight in gold, as he knows everything and everyone in Dubai. Verry handy indeed. But you are trusting the driver with your kids, so I dont know if this would be a wise way of doing things.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Matthew-C
The driver that we have, used to be a taxi driver. They approached him when they first arived in Dubai. And he was more than happy to leave the cab game. It is important that you get a bit of a background check on them, and that you trust them. Our driver is verry good, and worth his weight in gold, as he knows everything and everyone in Dubai. Verry handy indeed. But you are trusting the driver with your kids, so I dont know if this would be a wise way of doing things.
I wouldn't leave them with the driver, I was planning on going with them........preferably in our own car! I'm going to try taxi's again tomorrow and see how it goes..........may just have been unlucky today !
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:01 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

where are you driving from and to?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to try taxi's again tomorrow and see how it goes..........may just have been unlucky today !
i doubt it, dubai transport is my biggest bug-bear over here...

MM, xx
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i doubt it, dubai transport is my biggest bug-bear over here...

MM, xx
Well, taxi was on time this morning - knew where he was going and we ended up being early!! I have his number and he's going to do the school run with me again tomorrow!! x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, taxi was on time this morning - knew where he was going and we ended up being early!! I have his number and he's going to do the school run with me again tomorrow!! x
oh lucky you...kidnap him and don't let him out of your sight...i can't remember the last time i had a cab turn up on time...

MM, xx