Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:42 pm
Banned

sophie_springs is a jewel in the roughsophie_springs is a jewel in the roughsophie_springs is a jewel in the roughsophie_springs is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Thanks for all the very warm welcomes guys - much appreciated will find my slippers and socks soon
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:44 pm
Look, the bar's open

china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shoushou
Hello lah.....
Hi Shoushou ............ thanks for the acknowledgment, begining to wonder where all the life is round here!
Does it pick up a bit after the summer hols, or is it always quiet at this time of night?
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:48 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by china syndrome
Hi Shoushou ............ thanks for the acknowledgment, begining to wonder where all the life is round here!
Does it pick up a bit after the summer hols, or is it always quiet at this time of night?
Tis just quiet for summer... Should get busier come late Aug / early Sept...
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:07 pm
Look, the bar's open

china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Tis just quiet for summer... Should get busier come late Aug / early Sept...
Thanbks WLH for the response.

Yeh, I can understand that, so look forward to it .......... got to be more going on. Guess you got to make it happen I suppose ........... but I only get a few minutes on line at the moment and it appears no body else is here at the same time.

Hopefully that will soon change work wise and I can get 'stuck in' a bit.

In the mean time, i will stick to talking to my self ...........
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold

Thanbks WLH for the response.

Yeh, I can understand that, so look forward to it .......... got to be more going on. Guess you got to make it happen I suppose ........... but I only get a few minutes on line at the moment and it appears no body else is here at the same time.

Hopefully that will soon change work wise and I can get 'stuck in' a bit.

In the mean time, i will stick to talking to my self ...........
Hello....
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:16 pm
Look, the bar's open

Originally Posted by sarah1

Hello....
Hi Sarah1 and a big hello to you

Sorry about the 'slogan' under my name, the first 'responsee' I met here gave me the idea, though it really is not a accurate description, I assure you.

Anyway ............... nice to meet somebody 'live'.

I have just this minute walked in from work and I am catching up with these London incidents .... frightening stuff hey? :scared:
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sarah1 and a big hello to you

Sorry about the 'slogan' under my name, the first 'responsee' I met here gave me the idea, though it really is not a accurate description, I assure you.

Anyway ............... nice to meet somebody 'live'.

I have just this minute walked in from work and I am catching up with these London incidents .... frightening stuff hey? :scared:
I know, it is horrid, just got back from the uk myself and people were just about getting through what happened....and the again.
How are you, are you here in Dubai..?
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:48 pm
Look, the bar's open

I know, it is horrid, just got back from the uk myself and people were just about getting through what happened....and the again.
How are you, are you here in Dubai..?
Fine here thanks, really busy re work though ....... I am across the 'pond' in Doha

Got what you call a 'shutdown' at work, so working 12/7 at the moment, add 2h travelling and hence the few minutes I grab here on line before bed

What about yourself ........ i am just new here .......... I am guessing your female never know on these sites, some funny people about ....... BE no exception from what I have seen so far

No offence, i'm male before you ask but you guessed that didnt you?
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fine here thanks, really busy re work though ....... I am across the 'pond' in Doha

Got what you call a 'shutdown' at work, so working 12/7 at the moment, add 2h travelling and hence the few minutes I grab here on line before bed

What about yourself ........ i am just new here .......... I am guessing your female never know on these sites, some funny people about ....... BE no exception from what I have seen so far

No offence, i'm male before you ask but you guessed that didnt you?
Yep im female, been living in Dubai for just over 2 years now, married with 2 brats...enduring the long summer break...lol.
Have some friends arriving on Sunday from the uk for a month so that should be good.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:09 pm
Look, the bar's open

Yep im female, been living in Dubai for just over 2 years now, married with 2 brats...enduring the long summer break...lol.
Have some friends arriving on Sunday from the uk for a month so that should be good.
That will break your summer up a bit ...... are they Ok coming to ME or have they been before? I know with these bombs and things, most people link such things to the events over here ..... to them ME is ME where ever you are

Anyway, how are the kids coping with the hols? What you think after 2 years? here to stay/

I have been in Doha for 4 years, still no plans to leave though .. its got it's good and bad like everywhere ... no doubt Dubai the same, up to you to make the most of it.

I got no sympathy for those whingeing minnies ............ you make your own life ......... or get out of the place!!!

Are you working or a 'leisurely' housewife? (ooops, you gonna hurt me with that one are you not
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

That will break your summer up a bit ...... are they Ok coming to ME or have they been before? I know with these bombs and things, most people link such things to the events over here ..... to them ME is ME where ever you are

Anyway, how are the kids coping with the hols? What you think after 2 years? here to stay/

I have been in Doha for 4 years, still no plans to leave though .. its got it's good and bad like everywhere ... no doubt Dubai the same, up to you to make the most of it.

I got no sympathy for those whingeing minnies ............ you make your own life ......... or get out of the place!!!

Are you working or a 'leisurely' housewife? (ooops, you gonna hurt me with that one are you not
The friends that are coming used to live here, so they are fine with stuff.
I love Dubai, i was in Bahrain previous for 10 years so have got used to the middle east way of things.
At the moment i am a manic....lol...housewife but trying to find that ideal job somewhere.
Yes i agree, make the most of what you've got....
Sarah
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Anyway CS, have to go, still searching for my missing cat.
Nice talking to you.
Sarah
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 4:23 pm
Look, the bar's open

Anyway CS, have to go, still searching for my missing cat.
Nice talking to you.
Sarah
Good luck on the cat hunting, though if you dont find it, plenty out there to choose from, so no need to return home disapointed