Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:42 pm
  #16  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 8
sophie_springs is a jewel in the roughsophie_springs is a jewel in the roughsophie_springs is a jewel in the roughsophie_springs is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Thanks for all the very warm welcomes guys - much appreciated will find my slippers and socks soon
sophie_springs is offline  
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:44 pm
  #17  
Look, the bar's open
 
china syndrome's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 102
china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Originally Posted by shoushou
Hello lah.....
Hi Shoushou ............ thanks for the acknowledgment, begining to wonder where all the life is round here!
Does it pick up a bit after the summer hols, or is it always quiet at this time of night?
china syndrome is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:48 am
  #18  
Loading...
 
Welivehere's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Back in the sand
Posts: 1,279
Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Originally Posted by china syndrome
Hi Shoushou ............ thanks for the acknowledgment, begining to wonder where all the life is round here!
Does it pick up a bit after the summer hols, or is it always quiet at this time of night?
Tis just quiet for summer... Should get busier come late Aug / early Sept...
Welivehere is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:07 pm
  #19  
Look, the bar's open
 
china syndrome's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 102
china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Tis just quiet for summer... Should get busier come late Aug / early Sept...
Thanbks WLH for the response.

Yeh, I can understand that, so look forward to it .......... got to be more going on. Guess you got to make it happen I suppose ........... but I only get a few minutes on line at the moment and it appears no body else is here at the same time.

Hopefully that will soon change work wise and I can get 'stuck in' a bit.

In the mean time, i will stick to talking to my self ...........
china syndrome is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:10 pm
  #20  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 357
sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Originally Posted by china syndrome
Thanbks WLH for the response.

Yeh, I can understand that, so look forward to it .......... got to be more going on. Guess you got to make it happen I suppose ........... but I only get a few minutes on line at the moment and it appears no body else is here at the same time.

Hopefully that will soon change work wise and I can get 'stuck in' a bit.

In the mean time, i will stick to talking to my self ...........
Hello....
sarah1 is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:16 pm
  #21  
Look, the bar's open
 
china syndrome's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 102
china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Originally Posted by sarah1

Hello....
Hi Sarah1 and a big hello to you

Sorry about the 'slogan' under my name, the first 'responsee' I met here gave me the idea, though it really is not a accurate description, I assure you.

Anyway ............... nice to meet somebody 'live'.

I have just this minute walked in from work and I am catching up with these London incidents .... frightening stuff hey? :scared:
china syndrome is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:22 pm
  #22  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 357
sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Originally Posted by china syndrome
Hi Sarah1 and a big hello to you

Sorry about the 'slogan' under my name, the first 'responsee' I met here gave me the idea, though it really is not a accurate description, I assure you.

Anyway ............... nice to meet somebody 'live'.

I have just this minute walked in from work and I am catching up with these London incidents .... frightening stuff hey? :scared:
I know, it is horrid, just got back from the uk myself and people were just about getting through what happened....and the again.
How are you, are you here in Dubai..?
sarah1 is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:48 pm
  #23  
Look, the bar's open
 
china syndrome's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 102
china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Originally Posted by sarah1
I know, it is horrid, just got back from the uk myself and people were just about getting through what happened....and the again.
How are you, are you here in Dubai..?
Fine here thanks, really busy re work though ....... I am across the 'pond' in Doha

Got what you call a 'shutdown' at work, so working 12/7 at the moment, add 2h travelling and hence the few minutes I grab here on line before bed

What about yourself ........ i am just new here .......... I am guessing your female never know on these sites, some funny people about ....... BE no exception from what I have seen so far

No offence, i'm male before you ask but you guessed that didnt you?
china syndrome is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:53 pm
  #24  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 357
sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Originally Posted by china syndrome
Fine here thanks, really busy re work though ....... I am across the 'pond' in Doha

Got what you call a 'shutdown' at work, so working 12/7 at the moment, add 2h travelling and hence the few minutes I grab here on line before bed

What about yourself ........ i am just new here .......... I am guessing your female never know on these sites, some funny people about ....... BE no exception from what I have seen so far

No offence, i'm male before you ask but you guessed that didnt you?
Yep im female, been living in Dubai for just over 2 years now, married with 2 brats...enduring the long summer break...lol.
Have some friends arriving on Sunday from the uk for a month so that should be good.
sarah1 is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:09 pm
  #25  
Look, the bar's open
 
china syndrome's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 102
china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Originally Posted by sarah1
Yep im female, been living in Dubai for just over 2 years now, married with 2 brats...enduring the long summer break...lol.
Have some friends arriving on Sunday from the uk for a month so that should be good.
That will break your summer up a bit ...... are they Ok coming to ME or have they been before? I know with these bombs and things, most people link such things to the events over here ..... to them ME is ME where ever you are

Anyway, how are the kids coping with the hols? What you think after 2 years? here to stay/

I have been in Doha for 4 years, still no plans to leave though .. its got it's good and bad like everywhere ... no doubt Dubai the same, up to you to make the most of it.

I got no sympathy for those whingeing minnies ............ you make your own life ......... or get out of the place!!!

Are you working or a 'leisurely' housewife? (ooops, you gonna hurt me with that one are you not
china syndrome is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:14 pm
  #26  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 357
sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Originally Posted by china syndrome
That will break your summer up a bit ...... are they Ok coming to ME or have they been before? I know with these bombs and things, most people link such things to the events over here ..... to them ME is ME where ever you are

Anyway, how are the kids coping with the hols? What you think after 2 years? here to stay/

I have been in Doha for 4 years, still no plans to leave though .. its got it's good and bad like everywhere ... no doubt Dubai the same, up to you to make the most of it.

I got no sympathy for those whingeing minnies ............ you make your own life ......... or get out of the place!!!

Are you working or a 'leisurely' housewife? (ooops, you gonna hurt me with that one are you not
The friends that are coming used to live here, so they are fine with stuff.
I love Dubai, i was in Bahrain previous for 10 years so have got used to the middle east way of things.
At the moment i am a manic....lol...housewife but trying to find that ideal job somewhere.
Yes i agree, make the most of what you've got....
Sarah
sarah1 is offline  
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:23 pm
  #27  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 357
sarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to beholdsarah1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Anyway CS, have to go, still searching for my missing cat.
Nice talking to you.
Sarah
sarah1 is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 4:23 pm
  #28  
Look, the bar's open
 
china syndrome's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 102
china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi! Newbie joining!!!

Originally Posted by sarah1
Anyway CS, have to go, still searching for my missing cat.
Nice talking to you.
Sarah
Good luck on the cat hunting, though if you dont find it, plenty out there to choose from, so no need to return home disapointed
china syndrome is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.