Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hi newbie here. Car info needed.

Hi newbie here. Car info needed.

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all
Default Hi newbie here. Car info needed.

Just discovered this site, and very impressed.

Currently contracting in Brussels and living in London. Doing the weekly commute thing. Im seriously considering a permanant move to the middle east, probably Saudi or Dubai. I've worked in Saudi before so I know all about the downsides, and Im currently in negotiation for a role in Saudi. Needed a little bit of information if anyone can help.

Firstly i've tried to find websites where I can find cars for sale with no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? In particular im looking for a Ferrari.

Being quite rare if I cant find one there I might import one. Does anyone know what the import duty is for 2nd hand cars in both countries?

Finally if anyone can point me to any garages who have websites and deal in these kind of cars, that will be great.

I have many other questions non car related but im finding lots of great info in the searches.

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi newbie here. Car info needed.

Originally Posted by maranelloman

Currently contracting in Brussels and living in London. Doing the weekly commute thing. Im seriously considering a permanant move to the middle east, probably Saudi or Dubai. I've worked in Saudi before so I know all about the downsides, and Im currently in negotiation for a role in Saudi. Needed a little bit of information if anyone can help.

Firstly i've tried to find websites where I can find cars for sale with no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? In particular im looking for a Ferrari.

Being quite rare if I cant find one there I might import one. Does anyone know what the import duty is for 2nd hand cars in both countries?

Finally if anyone can point me to any garages who have websites and deal in these kind of cars, that will be great.

I have many other questions non car related but im finding lots of great info in the searches.

Thanks
I would imagine ferraris are available. Let's face it the money is there. We have a ferrari garage here. Contact ferrari and ask them???
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I would imagine ferraris are available. Let's face it the money is there. We have a ferrari garage here. Contact ferrari and ask them???
There was a ferrari garage in Riyadh but i've googled it and cant find that either. Only found Al-Zayani and they are in Kuwait. Even on Ferrari.com there is Qatar but no saudi. Odd cos I know they are there.

I actually dont want to by from main dealer as the prices before were silly. Would be cheaper to bring it in from europe.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:29 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

There was a ferrari garage in Riyadh but i've googled it and cant find that either. Only found Al-Zayani and they are in Kuwait. Even on Ferrari.com there is Qatar but no saudi. Odd cos I know they are there.

I actually dont want to by from main dealer as the prices before were silly. Would be cheaper to bring it in from europe.
there is bound to be a second hand market, if not you could get one here and drive it there! now that would be an adventure and a half!!! LOL! I am sure there will be second hand ones though. Jammy Dodger will probably know as he is in Saudi alot but he isn't posting today. Be warned he hates Saudi and won't recommend anyone to take a position out there.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Be warned he hates Saudi and won't recommend anyone to take a position out there.
Ahh I think I might have already read some thing on those lines! To be honest im not sure if I will be moving to Saudi or Dubai. Im fed up of the UK, and my wife is all for the move (she lived with me in saudi before too). All I do know is we will be getting a Ferrari where-ever we go. I have condered just getting one here and shipping it but i'd like to see what prices are like there first.

Only thing i've come across so far is Souq in uae. any other websites will be great even if for UAE.

Also there used to be a car forum in Kuwait, but i cant find that now either. anyone know the one?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:43 pm
Concierge

Ahh I think I might have already read some thing on those lines! To be honest im not sure if I will be moving to Saudi or Dubai. Im fed up of the UK, and my wife is all for the move (she lived with me in saudi before too). All I do know is we will be getting a Ferrari where-ever we go. I have condered just getting one here and shipping it but i'd like to see what prices are like there first.

Only thing i've come across so far is Souq in uae. any other websites will be great even if for UAE.

Also there used to be a car forum in Kuwait, but i cant find that now either. anyone know the one?
do a search for 4 x 4 Motors, Off Road Motors. The Al Tayer Group, The Al Habtoor Group. I am sure ferrari is with Al Tayer. one of the guys will know. They will be cheaper here. I got my pajero here for about 14,000 quid they are nearly 25,000 quid at home.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:17 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

What model are you after?

I know of the following on offer: F430 Spider and a 456. I can send you a number. Al Tayer are the dealers in Dubai +971 4 201 1001
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Slingshot
What model are you after?

I know of the following on offer: F430 Spider and a 456. I can send you a number. Al Tayer are the dealers in Dubai +971 4 201 1001
out of interest how much are they in Dirhams please
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:29 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

out of interest how much are they in Dirhams please
Negotiable
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
If you want,I have a contact who may hook you up with a "misplaced" Ferrari at half the market rate...
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:31 pm
Concierge

Negotiable
ok I will give 100,000 dhs for the spider
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:33 pm
same shit different day

ok I will give 100,000 dhs for the spider
Deal. I was looking to get rid of my tarrantula.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:36 pm
Concierge

Deal. I was looking to get rid of my tarrantula.
great! just drop it off at Emirates Hills please
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:37 pm
same shit different day

great! just drop it off at Emirates Hills please
For a measly 100k you can come and get it yourself.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:38 pm
Concierge

For a measly 100k you can come and get it yourself.
deal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.