HHS Zayed

Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:41 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: HHS Zayed

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Thanks face - as always a mine of info

Does anyone think its worth making this thread permanent for the 2 weeks of mourning for all 2 see - so it doesn't get lost - just a suggestion

TS
lol...... no probs..... whats an Oracle for anyway? LOL

Gr8 suggestion m8........Bob..... please do the needful..... perhaps another permanent thread after 2 weeks with all the piccies so people know the rulers of the country? Just a thought.....

will start posting the pics from today in a mo.....
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:47 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Here are the scenes from todays papers:

The Dubai trio (of brothers) arriving for the funeral:
from left to right: Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai; Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Minister of Finance and Industry; Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, U.A.E Minister of Defence and Crown Prince of Dubai.

Sheikh Zayed being moved to the grave-yard after the funeral:

Some of the estimated half a million people that lined the funeral route:

A map showing the funeral procession..... sorry its blurred, but good for those familiar with AD:
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:52 am
The Oracle

This mornings front pages:

Sadness continues to dominate the nation
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:45 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
This mornings front pages:

Sadness continues to dominate the nation
FACE Shaikh Khalifa is named President, is that good, I understand one of the possible heirs could be a bit iffy but can't remember who.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 6:20 pm
The Oracle

I found this sticker that I used to put up in my car every year on National Day..... thought I wud share it as I wont be able to use it anymore

I am already missing his commanding presence.

Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:38 am

philipz is on a distinguished road

He was definately a great man and I learnt that quite well after writing a biography for him not that long ago and had it on my website. His shoes will be hard to fill, but I hope that his son will do his best.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:44 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by philipz
He was definately a great man and I learnt that quite well after writing a biography for him not that long ago and had it on my website. His shoes will be hard to fill, but I hope that his son will do his best.

Here, here............ kewl....... so we have more than one author on this site.... I wrote a research paper on him aswell a couple of years ago..... unfortunately I only have a scanned copy of the work and it is too large to upload

The new President, Sheikh Khalifah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan will hopefully carry on in his fathers footsteps and continue to lead this country towards prosperity.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:46 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

The new President, Sheikh Khalifah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan will hopefully carry on in his fathers footsteps and continue to lead this country towards prosperity.
Afternoon Face - good words
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:20 pm
The Oracle

Afternoon Face - good words
Thanks mate and good afternoon/evening to u. The new President deserves all the support he can get. At 58, he should have a good future ahead of himself and should have plenty of time to become a father figure for the next generation.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Thanks mate and good afternoon/evening to u. The new President deserves all the support he can get. At 58, he should have a good future ahead of himself and should have plenty of time to become a father figure for the next generation.
Here's hoping....
Old Nov 5th 2004, 5:35 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Here's hoping....
he wudnt have been unanimously elected if there was any doubt, surely!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 5:38 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

you're not a cynic r u Face
Old Nov 5th 2004, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

I will bow to your superior knowledge on the subject. Wasn't casting aspersions Face, honest.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 5:47 pm
The Oracle

you're not a cynic r u Face
lol.. r u implying that I am ?

All I am saying is that the members of the supreme council have good reason to put their trust in him...... he has been Crown Prince of AD since 1969 and was ALWAYS by his fathers side, so I wud imagine him to be one of the best candidates for the job.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 5:48 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
I will bow to your superior knowledge on the subject. Wasn't casting aspersions Face, honest.
LOL..... u r forgiven...... only if u think I needed to forgive u..... no need to worry..... he has already promised to follow in his Fathers footsteps and continue to lead the nation towards further prosperity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.