Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help with PA *************

Help with PA *************

Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

jayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the rough
Default Help with PA *************

Hello all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and im looking to get some advice please.

I am looking to relocate to Dubai, and i would like some advice with regards to jobs. I currently work in London as a PA. I have around 12 years experience with numerous investment banks, and really enjoy the work i do.

I have lots of questions but the main ones are...

How do i go about finding work in Dubai? is it straight forward or are there lots of visa issues to get through?
What are the recruitment agencies like? and more importantly... what are the PA opportunities like out there? i have stumbled across a couple of agencies in Dubai and Abu Dhabi who seem to have lots of roles which fit me, the money seems ok - nothing spectacular, but then im not really moving for cash benefits, but would they be interested in British people who aren't already based out there?

sorry if my questions are obvious to some people, but im starting from scratch and have a lot to learn i guess... i have had a search on here but havent managed to find anything which answers my questions

Any help would be great

Much appreciated
J
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with PA *************

If you want to be a PA to an Arab businessman, expect to be at his beck and call 24/7 if you know what I mean.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

jayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the roughjayne29 is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like my job now

not too sure what happened to the title of my thread... anyway!

Is anyone able to provide me with more details about how i would go about getting PA work in Dubai?.

Many Thanks
J
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

does it have to be dubai, i knew of a job going in abu dhabi.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there Busy Bee...

It doesn't have to be Dubai, in fact I have narrowed it down to Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Do you have any more info on the position?

Many thanks
J
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:56 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayne29
Hi there Busy Bee...

It doesn't have to be Dubai, in fact I have narrowed it down to Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Do you have any more info on the position?

Many thanks
J
Hi Jayne,

I know a highly reputable Abu Dhabi company that is looking for a top notch PA... fantastic package, etc. Do you have any finance experience?

Sam x
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

im not sure if they are still after some one, but no harm in trying, send your cv to me at [email protected] and I will pass it on etc.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sam,

I'm just dropping you a PM now )

Thanks
Jayne x
Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

tried reading the wiki and searching through the forums?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Try www.gulfconnexions.com or www.clarendonparker.com

They are screaming out for switched on PA's that have common sense, seems to be quite rare in these parts.. With your experience it won't be hard to find a position here. When you do get offered a position, make sure that you ask around to see if it's a good offer as most will try to take the P*** and skimp on things that if you haven't lived in the ME before, you wouldn't ask about (tickets to home, FULL health insurance, Accommodation allowance is VERY import especially for DXB).

Good luck x
Old Jul 1st 2008, 7:22 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Check out this which will give you some guidance on salary ...
http://www.expatwoman.com/vbulletin/...5&pagenumber=2

A good friend of mine works at Kershaw Leonard ... will send you her contact details ... with your experience she will have no problem placing you.

Good luck!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by camel jockey
Try www.gulfconnexions.com or www.clarendonparker.com

They are screaming out for switched on PA's that have common sense, seems to be quite rare in these parts.. With your experience it won't be hard to find a position here. When you do get offered a position, make sure that you ask around to see if it's a good offer as most will try to take the P*** and skimp on things that if you haven't lived in the ME before, you wouldn't ask about (tickets to home, FULL health insurance, Accommodation allowance is VERY import especially for DXB).

Good luck x

Wow - i'm surprised to hear this! i thought that people would be queuing up to work in Dubai?...

It's interesting to hear about the packages too, it's something i probably wouldn't have been fussy on. But now you mention it i will definately check it out if i get offered anything.

Thanks for your reply - it's been really helpful x
Old Jul 1st 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Wow - thank you so much for your replies, these have been so helpful.

I'm surprised to hear that there is a shortage of good PA's, i thought that people would be queuing up to work there?!

And the benefits package is probably something which i wouldnt have questioned so i will definately make sure if i do get offered a position that the package is good. Now i just need to get offered a job!

Thanks again for your help
Jayne x
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

hi Jayne

try charterhouse and BAC, both are good however unless you are in the country you will find it hard to get the good/best wages?! This is what i was told and after 6 months of trying they were right!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Mrshaps,

Somebody else has actually just told me this. But this is going to be an expensive way to get a job, how do others manage it?

thanks again
jayne x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.