Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help! Need to Leave AD

Help! Need to Leave AD

Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

marty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nice
Exclamation Help! Need to Leave AD

I have made a horrendous mistake moving to AUH I took a job here was promised a good salary, good apartment etc.....

Got here contract was changed I am meant to see out 6 months and I am now at 3 I want to go home now... This was a truly stupid mistake on my part I know this.

But I need to know the legal implications of leaving my company says if I left within 6 mons I would need to pay salary training and housing allowances back but I dont have the money.

If I left can they persue me through interpol will this stop me travelling internationally???

Please help I am desperate to leave.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Need to Leave AD

Originally Posted by marty&vonnie
I have made a horrendous mistake moving to AUH I took a job here was promised a good salary, good apartment etc.....

Got here contract was changed I am meant to see out 6 months and I am now at 3 I want to go home now... This was a truly stupid mistake on my part I know this.

But I need to know the legal implications of leaving my company says if I left within 6 mons I would need to pay salary training and housing allowances back but I dont have the money.

If I left can they persue me through interpol will this stop me travelling internationally???

Please help I am desperate to leave.
would think that as long as they dont have your passport then you should be ok! you would get a ban from working in UAE again though. I was in a similar position recently when my company increased my working week to 6 days and had to borrow some of the money from my parents. I was in a worse position as my employers had my passport and effectively held me hostage until I could pay.

Assuming you are from the UK dont forget that you will have to pay tax in the UK on your 3 months earnings here. Might be better to stick it out if you can until the end of the UK financial year!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

marty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nicemarty&vonnie is just really nice

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly I am from the UK I have my passport etc

So I wont be persued by interpol or anything I still obviously want to travel internationally but I wouldnt care if I couldnt come back to the UAE

Tax on 9000aed really ??? Hence why I want to leave

Can I cancel my visa in the uk?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:17 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly I am from the UK I have my passport etc

So I wont be persued by interpol or anything I still obviously want to travel internationally but I wouldnt care if I couldnt come back to the UAE

just leave.. no-one will chase you..
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

What actually is the problem?

Not that it's any of my/our business but the occupants of The Bored are an intelligent helpful bunch who may be able to give you some good advice more specifically.........
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure but I think it becomes void once you have been outside the UAE for 6 months anyway. But you will be reported as an absconder and a debtor. Believe you would be arrested at the airport if you returned to the UAE.

If you do it dont give them any idea you are going. They can put a block on you leaving the country. You would be picked up by the plod at the airport when attempting to leave.

might be a good idea to have a word with a lawyer!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Well... I really dont want to bore you with the details but brief outline promised an amazing apartment pool, gym modern apartment.

I now have a apartment I share a bathroom with roaches and other insects. Oh and no pool I wouldnt mind if the apartment was ok.

Was promised a salary much more than 3000 aed a month havent seen that.

My working hours are awful I dont want to say who I work for in case they read this.

To name a few problems this is the tip of the iceberg...

But I have a flight booked to go home for a few days but was worried as my friend in Dubai thought they would persue me for the monies owed for training etc

I also have a credit card not much on it but I do plan on paying it off as I dont want a debt to come bite me on the arse too.... I would need to pay this off from the UK but I'm sure as long as the bank gets there money they'll be ok
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:35 pm

Well... I really dont want to bore you with the details but brief outline promised an amazing apartment pool, gym modern apartment.

I now have a apartment I share a bathroom with roaches and other insects. Oh and no pool I wouldnt mind if the apartment was ok.

My working hours are awful I dont want to say who I work for in case they read this.

But I have a flight booked to go home for a few days but was worried as my friend in Dubai thought they would persue me for the monies owed for training etc

I also have a credit card not much on it but I do plan on paying it off as I dont want a debt to come bite me on the arse too.... I would need to pay this off from the UK but I'm sure as long as the bank gets there money they'll be ok
3000 a month? just leave.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks BEEBEE I have tried to see it out but its awful I was promised so much more than that before I got here, Funnily enough as soon as my visa was approved they changed it.

***** I am so annoyed at myself I want to cry all the bloody time which isnt like me...

I need a good slapping.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sounds like your are better off out of there! Im on crap money here but 3000AED is an insult.

just make sure u dont try to enter UAE again afterwards and you might want to leave without them knowing you arent coming back.

alternatively if you have a written contract and they have not abided by the terms go to the labour department and report it.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:41 pm

Thanks BEEBEE I have tried to see it out but its awful I was promised so much more than that before I got here, Funnily enough as soon as my visa was approved they changed it.

***** I am so annoyed at myself I want to cry all the bloody time which isnt like me...

I need a good slapping.
Don't cry.. you were done. Its a shame as Dubai is lovely, where is your apatment?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by beebee
Don't cry.. you were done. Its a shame as Dubai is lovely, where is your apatment?
no more Voddy for you Beebs!
his/her apartment is in Abu Dhabi!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
no more Voddy for you Beebs!
his/her apartment is in Abu Dhabi!
ok... i missed that bit... thought they were in Dubai.. SO SORRY OK
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by beebee
ok... i missed that bit... thought they were in Dubai.. SO SORRY OK
dont get your Bridget Jones knickers in a twist
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
dont get your Bridget Jones knickers in a twist
well for your info.. i chucked em....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.