Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help! Documents Attested UAE!

Help! Documents Attested UAE!

Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

happy camper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! Documents Attested UAE!

Hello, I am moving to Abu Dhabi as a teacher and need to get my degree attested. I understand this is a three step process, but I am unclear with the first. Does the solicitor sign the back of the degree certificate, if it is the original certificate that is needed, and what do they actually need to write?

I'd be really grateful of any help, thanks!
Old Jul 18th 2013, 3:26 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Documents Attested UAE!

First step for a newbie is to RTFF or do a search. Then you'd have found this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...testing+degree
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for the link, but there is still no answer to the question - what is the wording the solicitor should put on the back of the original document?

Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:46 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happy camper
Hi, thanks for the link, but there is still no answer to the question - what is the wording the solicitor should put on the back of the original document?

Thanks
The solicitor should stamp the copy of document to attest it is a true copy.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:49 am
Just Joined

So a copy of the document will be attested and not the original?
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:51 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happy camper
So a copy of the document will be attested and not the original?
They stamp it to attest it is a true copy of the original, nothing more as far as I know. It's not like he will ring up the university to actually see if the degree is real
Old Jul 18th 2013, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

I had this question when I was doing this, about 3 years ago, and no-one seemed capable of giving me an absolutely clear answer. In the end, the Notary I used did check with the university that the degree was real, and made a statement to that effect. I could check tonight, but I think he did this on copy of the certificate, which was attached to the original. But no-one I asked seemed sure as to whether this was required or not - however, as the extra cost was not great, it seemed safer to do it.