Help

Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Confusedcookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help

Hi All,
I am new to this and have read through the other threads some have helped but not all of my questions have been answered i'm hoping someone out there can help!!

Myself and my two children (aged 11 & 23) are thinking of relocating to Dubai, My son will still be at school so i was wondering if someone could give me an idea of the fees that are involved in putting him through education .

Myself and my daughter are in the process of looking for jobs over there so we are not sure of our salaries at the moment however we will have money in the bank and a house in the uk that we will be renting out.

We are unsure on which area would be best for us to live we don't want anything to flash we just want out of the uk for a fresh start.

Would be grateful for any information
Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help

Originally Posted by Confusedcookie
Hi All,
I am new to this and have read through the other threads some have helped but not all of my questions have been answered i'm hoping someone out there can help!!

Myself and my two children (aged 11 & 23) are thinking of relocating to Dubai, My son will still be at school so i was wondering if someone could give me an idea of the fees that are involved in putting him through education .

Myself and my daughter are in the process of looking for jobs over there so we are not sure of our salaries at the moment however we will have money in the bank and a house in the uk that we will be renting out.

We are unsure on which area would be best for us to live we don't want anything to flash we just want out of the uk for a fresh start.

Would be grateful for any information
Welcome to the bored
Are you divorced/separated/single? This will make a huge difference to you being able to come over here.
You would have to get your ex to sign a letter of no objection allowing you to bring your youngest child over.
There are only certain professions that allow a woman to sponsor her family. It will only be your son that you can sponsor, your daughter will have to make her own way. 1 good thing though, if you both get jobs you will both (hopefully) get housing allowance which you will be able to combine :-)

We need a bit more information darling before we can really help.

The area to live will depend on which school you get into and also where you work, walking to school is NOT an option for kids out here. You will need a car and drop him off before work..also you will need to think about after school care for him until you finish work...please don't rush into anything without passing it by the 'bored' I am sure people here will help.

As for school fees, schools are very expensive and again, depending on what type of job you are looking for, you should try and get school fees included. Also I think you need to get your boy's name down early to secure a place at the good schools..but somebody with children will come on with more advise I'm sure.

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Jan 11th 2012 at 11:00 am.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Confusedcookie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks i'm divorced and my ex wont mind signing a letter he is also moving out of the uk.

What is the job situation like over there would my daughter need a profesion behind her to be able to get a job?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks i'm divorced and my ex wont mind signing a letter he is also moving out of the uk.

What is the job situation like over there would my daughter need a profesion behind her to be able to get a job?
It would be difficult for anybody to get a well paid job without higher qualifications. Lower paid jobs..shopwork,waitresses etc are all done by Asian/Indians who are paid a couple of 1000dhs a month.

What type of work are you looking for..as I said you will not be able to sponsor your son unless you are a teacher/engineer/in the medical profession and earning 10k or more a month
http://ukinuae.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...ae/sponsorship

You will also need your divorce certificate attested and lots of other bits of paper. Research carefully sweetie.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Hi All,

UK Curriculum secondary school education is around AED 55k per annum per child (English College) up to around 75k (Jumeriah College/Dubai College)

These fees are payable across 3 terms p.a. at the beginning of each term (e.g Dubai College fees would be 25k in Sept, 25k in Jan, and 25k in April each year).