Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

HELLO will be re locating to Dubai August

HELLO will be re locating to Dubai August

Old Jun 19th 2008, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Palmbeachbrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELLO will be re locating to Dubai August

Im living in Palm Beach Florida US for past 20 yrs and working as a Major Domo/Butler/Private chef.Initial job searches dont reveal much as to my experiences and online agencies etc offer no clue any suggestions maybee sttart off in the hotel industry? to establish contacts
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELLO will be re locating to Dubai August

Have you a job offer or are you hoping to arrive here to get a job?

Last edited by MrsHaps; Jun 19th 2008 at 5:10 pm. Reason: mis-spelling... wine going to head!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

No nothing as yet this is my very first enquiry
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

sorry.... so you are looking for what... salary expectations or jobs in general?
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Here in the USA i worked my way up from general houseman for a disabled gentleman and his pets to managing a luxury oceanfront estate acting as major Domo chef etc and travelled to the familys other residences in New york Im 47 and still pretty young but want to be closer to the Uk my salary here is 70,000 USD with many benefits and perks
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wait for the guys to come on here that know more than i do...

If i am right you would see no where near that wage here for the job you do!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Whats the most active time to be on here its 2pm almost uSA time now
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

To be honest i used to ask questions when i finished work and could get on the net by which time it was 3 hours ahead. Its nearly 10pm here now, peeps will reply maybe not tomorrow but poss saturday and sunday as tomorrow is the weekend for us! Some peeps are on here 7 days a week! You will cetainly get info over the next few days and it is always helpful! Excellent place to start when needing information!

Good luck!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your time and help
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

If I could afford you I'd have you!!!....not sure really whats available but maybe you should approach some of the big knob companies and sell yourself as a personal conceirge for some ot their top execs.....sorry can't give you a better answer sure someone will be able to help
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

.....why don't you approach ricky branson heard he just bought a new island
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your encouragement Im going to find how to make an online cV (Ive never made one) ive met Rod Stewart here in Palm Beach who has lived here as long as i have and he i reported to have bought a larhge share in the Island of scotland in THE WORLD there
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Todays my first day of actually researching into my intended move and I have a possible other contact whose moved to the polo and equestrian club in Dubai as an executive from over herebut ive many other related questions .Travel wise there are daily flights from Miami via Amsterdam available for under 1000 USD one way which i think is good value
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Palmbeachbrit
Thank you for your encouragement Im going to find how to make an online cV (Ive never made one) ive met Rod Stewart here in Palm Beach who has lived here as long as i have and he i reported to have bought a larhge share in the Island of scotland in THE WORLD there
Hey if you can get a ref from Rod you will be sorted! You could maybe sell yourself to him.... once his place is built!

as for yoru CV, everyones is different but as long as you have the good basics, name, address, qualifications (main thing here) and your employment history you will be fine! Good luck
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Palmbeachbrit
Todays my first day of actually researching into my intended move and I have a possible other contact whose moved to the polo and equestrian club in Dubai as an executive from over herebut ive many other related questions .Travel wise there are daily flights from Miami via Amsterdam available for under 1000 USD one way which i think is good value
You do need to have a good research into living in Dubai.. it is expensive and seems to be rising all the time! Use the search facility on this forum, it is really helpful, i asked questions and used it... endless information!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.