Reload this Page >

Head of Dubai Police on Radio 2 this morning

Head of Dubai Police on Radio 2 this morning

Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:18 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Head of Dubai Police on Radio 2 this morning

Major General Mohammad Saif Al Zafein, Head of Dubai Traffic Police has just quoted live on radio "Don't stop at zebra crossings, you will encourage pedestrians to cross''

and

"Our roads are no place for cyclists and motorcyclists, they are far too dangerous".

Discuss.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Head of Dubai Police on Radio 2 this morning

he has a point
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:45 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

He also stated that children are better off on adult's laps!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
vs. putting them on the parcel shelf or out of the sunroof probably, he has a point
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:50 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Millhouse
vs. putting them on the parcel shelf or out of the sunroof probably, he has a point
Gotta love a troll!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:07 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

AED 500 fine for not stopping at a pedestrian crossing. No wonder the roads are so unsafe if even the police recommend breaking the law. Maybe if the police enforced the road safety laws then there would be less deaths on the road.

Is my biggest dislike about Abu Dhabi. When you try to cross and people have to slow down you get the drivers behind them unleashing their car honks at you.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:15 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog
AED 500 fine for not stopping at a pedestrian crossing. No wonder the roads are so unsafe if even the police recommend breaking the law. Maybe if the police enforced the road safety laws then there would be less deaths on the road.

Is my biggest dislike about Abu Dhabi. When you try to cross and people have to slow down you get the drivers behind them unleashing their car honks at you.
500 + 6 black points actually...and as usual no proof of offence actually having happened required. it is a joke even without the head of police contradicting the traffic laws..
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
He really said that?? Really???
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:23 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
He really said that?? Really???
Really, I heard the whole interview.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I NEVER stop at pedestrian crossings for the simple reason that normally the driver in the lane next to me won't and someone will get killed, can't have that on my conscience.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 10:14 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I NEVER stop at pedestrian crossings for the simple reason that normally the driver in the lane next to me won't and someone will get killed, can't have that on my conscience.
Quite. Or those at the crossing are so confused that you stopped that they don't go. Except they do decide to then cross just at the moment that you got so hacked off with waiting for them to cross that you start moving again.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 10:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Quite. Or those at the crossing are so confused that you stopped that they don't go. Except they do decide to then cross just at the moment that you got so hacked off with waiting for them to cross that you start moving again.
Or you get rear ended. But, I'm a troll so not allowed to comment...

the fact is as crazy as it all sounds out of context, what he is suggesting maybe isn't so insane. I saw someone killed on a zebra in Abu Dhabi once just as BC described.

Obviously the kids thing is bad. But given that they won't strap the blighters in, at least holding them on a lap is a start...
Old Feb 14th 2013, 12:43 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't see why they can't introduce a law to have children in car seats and wearing seatbelts. It's just not that complicated and I never cease to amazed at the selfishness and ignorance of adults who wear a seatbelt, but let their small children bounce around the car.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I really don't see why they can't introduce a law to have children in car seats and wearing seatbelts. It's just not that complicated and I never cease to amazed at the selfishness and ignorance of adults who wear a seatbelt, but let their small children bounce around the car.
Perhaps they ( the parents ) are trying to acheive some kind of post-natal abortion?
Old Feb 14th 2013, 2:09 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Perhaps they ( the parents ) are trying to acheive some kind of post-natal abortion?
Child murderers? That's essentially what they are by not looking after them properly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.