Wikiposts

Hard Rock Cafe

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
To answer the OP's question, personally i think its crap.
Its in the middle of relative no-where, the food is dire and the service questionable.

There are a ton of decent places to eat in DXB.
yeah, but JD, don't let anyone play the language card, that is too crass...

MM, xx
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Gabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really nice

Originally Posted by nannyk
has n e one been to Hard rock Cafe in Dubai and whats it like? Ive been to the one on rome and uk london, just wondered if they speak english there too? How far is it from abu dhabi?

thanku all
Been to a few Hard Rock Cafes around the world and the one in Dubai is the biggest I've seen. It is a nice, friendly atmosphere inside, with all the rock memorabilia, two wide floors, live band and video screens all over, as usual.

English is spoken all over the place here, don't worry. And you'll find this country, especially in Dubai, more cosmopolitan than you'd ever imagine.

From Abu Dhabi are about 130 km to Hard Rock Cafe. The place is a replica of the Empire State Building, and until some years ago it was the only landmark around that area, with about 20 km to go till you reached Dubai. Now the outskirts of Dubai are there already, with some great new developments that cover the Hard Rock Cafe with their heights and greatness.

And after a concert at Dubai Media City just around the corner (Jazz festival or some other concert), it is the right place to continue the night, especially if you're returning to Abu Dhabi.

If not, Dubai has plenty of choices on offer.

Don't worry, this country is in many respects better than what you'd imagine. Just wait and see.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:22 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

never been to hard rock but I do like Planet Hollywood, food there is always good.

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:05 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

You get a 20% discount on Internet city ID cards. Not to be sniffed at.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:07 am
W10

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
never been to hard rock but I do like Planet Hollywood, food there is always good.

does...not...compute

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
does...not...compute
just been invited to hard rock tonight!!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:27 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a Dirham......
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:45 am
chunkygal

nannyk is a jewel in the roughnannyk is a jewel in the roughnannyk is a jewel in the roughnannyk is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: Hard Rock Cafe

Originally Posted by Gabriel
Been to a few Hard Rock Cafes around the world and the one in Dubai is the biggest I've seen. It is a nice, friendly atmosphere inside, with all the rock memorabilia, two wide floors, live band and video screens all over, as usual.

English is spoken all over the place here, don't worry. And you'll find this country, especially in Dubai, more cosmopolitan than you'd ever imagine.

From Abu Dhabi are about 130 km to Hard Rock Cafe. The place is a replica of the Empire State Building, and until some years ago it was the only landmark around that area, with about 20 km to go till you reached Dubai. Now the outskirts of Dubai are there already, with some great new developments that cover the Hard Rock Cafe with their heights and greatness.

And after a concert at Dubai Media City just around the corner (Jazz festival or some other concert), it is the right place to continue the night, especially if you're returning to Abu Dhabi.

If not, Dubai has plenty of choices on offer.

Don't worry, this country is in many respects better than what you'd imagine. Just wait and see.
Thankyou what are the prices like as compared to hear in HRC.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:46 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
does...not...compute
In defence of Planet Hollywood, I've had brunch there a couple of times (it's good for the kids), and it's actually....I hesitate to say really good....acceptable for the price.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:48 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
In defence of Planet Hollywood, I've had brunch there a couple of times (it's good for the kids), and it's actually....I hesitate to say really good....acceptable for the price.
thanks Jimmy, I think so too! I have always enjoyed the food there, although the servings are too big sometimes. Looking forward to hard rock tonight as never been and I have been here ten years!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:51 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Jimmy, I think so too! I have always enjoyed the food there, although the servings are too big sometimes. Looking forward to hard rock tonight as never been and I have been here ten years!!!
Well if/when it all goes pear shaped go and see Ruthles at Finnegans next door, mention me or the W word and you'll get a free beer.

FACT
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:55 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by MJC
Well if/when it all goes pear shaped go and see Ruthles at Finnegans next door, mention me or the W word and you'll get a free beer.

FACT
I am off the drink, listened to a program on radio today about alcoholics, so decided to de tox!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:59 am
W10

So you're going to be stuffing some meat in your mouth?

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:00 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am off the drink, listened to a program on radio today about alcoholics, so decided to de tox!
you're so full of shit BC!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:00 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10
So you're going to be stuffing some meat in your mouth?
salad!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.