British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Hajj 2010 Pictures (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/hajj-2010-pictures-694091/)

Mitzyboy Nov 25th 2010 11:01 pm

Re: Hajj 2010 Pictures

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9004392)
I'm replying to one persons opinion-isn't it the minority groups that seem to take the most drastic actions and get the most press coverge?

What the majority feels is no longer important when the press picks up and covers minority values. How many peoples views are swayed by what they read in the tabloid press which doesn't give an accurate view of how the majority feel.

One persons opinion can make a difference. Whether we all chose to listen to that opinion is a different issue. You just have to stand up and say you disagree- no? Power to the people and all that.

And as much as I may speak generally, I do struggle to see how we can ever have a peaceful world as long as people show opinions like this poster.

I accept you are replying to one persons posts, but you are saying that you doubt we can all live together, and thats the problem these days. Everyone is lumped together

co durham boy Nov 26th 2010 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Gulf Bird (Post 9004328)
I, and for that matter many GCC nationals, have always believed a British guy may smile when he see you, behave very friendly, but deep inside he hates you and hates your guts, and as soon as you leave the Brits will vomit out all evils about you. After reading this I am now more convinced.

Secondly white is a color also, but it is the weakest color. A person of white color knows that and that is why he is naked in the sun trying to be a person of another color.

As many GCC nationals are now highly professionals with the education revolution in the seventies and eighties, and as may low quality Brits began showing up in the Gulf, Brits are no longer respected and looked at as they used to be in the past.

Such low quality poor looking Brits you see them in Dubai or Bahrain city and airport bars after a couple of pints they lose focus and start asking you if you have a job for them. You wonder what brought them her any.

With the recent assasination in Dubai which was taped and broadcasted to the whole world, the Gulf is no longer the best place for Brits to work. Life has changed for ever.

If you come to Seaham Harbour love i'll show you low quality .....and a couple of Pints...try a dozen !

Blue Cat Nov 26th 2010 6:19 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9004899)
If you come to Seaham Harbour love i'll show you low quality .....and a couple of Pints...try a dozen !

not been to Seaham for years :thumbup:

co durham boy Nov 26th 2010 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9004903)
not been to Seaham for years :thumbup:

Ha ha , i wouldn't bother now....it's shut..!

weasel central Nov 27th 2010 11:28 am

I, and for that matter many GCC nationals, have always believed a British guy may smile when he see you, behave very friendly, but deep inside he hates you and hates your guts, and as soon as you leave the Brits will vomit out all evils about you. After reading this I am now more convinced.

Secondly white is a color also, but it is the weakest color. A person of white color knows that and that is why he is naked in the sun trying to be a person of another color.

As many GCC nationals are now highly professionals with the education revolution in the seventies and eighties, and as may low quality Brits began showing up in the Gulf, Brits are no longer respected and looked at as they used to be in the past.

Such low quality poor looking Brits you see them in Dubai or Bahrain city and airport bars after a couple of pints they lose focus and start asking you if you have a job for them. You wonder what brought them her any.

With the recent assasination in Dubai which was taped and broadcasted to the whole world, the Gulf is no longer the best place for Brits to work. Life has changed for ever.

All of your posts regarding prejudice and racism seem to counter argue against it using ironically enough predjudice and racism.

Seriously lady you need to take a look at yourself , what is wrong with your life that you feel so angry inside that you need to hit out at everything you perceive to be some slight to the arabic world.

Do you feel repressed? Unable to vent your feelings except anonymously on an internet forum? Unnoticed in real life, just another black shadow?

Either that or you are a supreme wind up artist and I have taken a big bite :thumbup:

Bahtatboy Nov 27th 2010 12:06 pm

I, and for that matter many GCC nationals, have always believed a British guy may smile when he see you, behave very friendly, but deep inside he hates you and hates your guts, and as soon as you leave the Brits will vomit out all evils about you. Which statement proves you're racist. After reading this I am now more convinced. Many of us on this board have Arab friends, and all my friends are willing to accept people as they are, regardless of their colour, race or religion. Most Brits don't hate you, but nearly everyone in the world will hate someone as racist as you appear to be.

Secondly white is a color also, but it is the weakest color. So you're superiod because you have a "stronger" colour? A person of white color knows that and that is why he is naked in the sun trying to be a person of another color. And I wonder why a big-brand cosmetic company is doing BIG business selling skin cream that makes you less dark? Seems to sell very well here.

As many GCC nationals are now highly professionals with the education revolution in the seventies and eighties, and as may low quality Brits began showing up in the Gulf, Brits are no longer respected and looked at as they used to be in the past. That's probably true, but companies in the region still seem highly dependant on Westerners and Indians. Why do you think that is?

Such low quality poor looking Brits you see them in Dubai or Bahrain city and airport bars after a couple of pints they lose focus and start asking you if you have a job for them. You wonder what brought them her any. Local companies who needed their expertise, perhaps? And maybe also they don't have a government which will assure them jobs, and operates in a fashion which allows companies and organisations to fire someone for no reason other than the fact that there's a national who is available and can occupy th same seat.

With the recent assasination in Dubai which was taped and broadcasted to the whole world, the Gulf is no longer the best place for Brits to work. Life has changed for ever. It never WAS the best place, just the most lucrative for many. Bad things have been happening in this region for a long time, life always changes for ever.

We don't hate you or your brothers. But we do hate racism, persecution, unfairness and a lack of willingness to objectively examine one's own actions and thoughts. A little bit of reflection goes a long way. Eid Mubarak.

sandypants Nov 27th 2010 4:49 pm

phenomenal...

mission Nov 27th 2010 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Romulan (Post 8993755)
I can't say I was. A minority of the forums membership appear to think they're terribly clever with their snide remarks and "British" humor.

this forum is full of tosssers from back home...most have the typical brit arrogance.....i came over to get away from pissed up brits every night of the week, only to find the same in certain joints over here.....from home to home lol.

glynster Nov 28th 2010 2:00 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 9007356)
this forum is full of tosssers from back home...most have the typical brit arrogance.....i came over to get away from pissed up brits every night of the week, only to find the same in certain joints over here.....from home to home lol.

What were you doing in certain joints? If you wanted to get away from certain pissed up Brits try Saudi it sounds right up your street.

co durham boy Nov 28th 2010 4:38 am

You came to Dubai to get away from pissed up Brits........You didn't give that much thought...!:rofl:

Bahtatboy Nov 28th 2010 4:49 am

You're arrogant and a tosser--where are you from?