Gov of Dubai

Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

geoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gov of Dubai

Exactly! For one of my projects 2 of those you mention above had to approve the plan!

Sometimes i think the bigger the project the easier it is to get it done.

I have an a whacky idea for the developers of Dubai.

Clearly, Dubai needs a space city with it's own shuttle and launch pad! Wouldn't that be great!!!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with Geoff about large scale projects being easier to get done- look at how quickly the airport expansion has moved along compared to Terminal 5 at Heathrow. Maybe people think they are too important to be working on small details?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:48 am
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future
Angry Re: Gov of Dubai

Just thought I would give you an update..........

Went back to immigration to collect my daughter's passport along with new residence visa and guess what?????

They have lost her file

How incompetent are these people??????

So now I have to return there tomorrow to see if they can find it. I am so angry.

How can Dubai promote itself to the western world when it is so lacking in basic organisation. Its just a load of crap.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 6:22 am
Just Joined

geoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karenb2

Went back to immigration to collect my daughter's passport along with new residence visa and guess what?????

They have lost her file

So now I have to return there tomorrow to see if they can find it. I am so angry.

How can Dubai promote itself to the western world when it is so lacking in basic organisation. Its just a load of crap.
Sounds completely hopeless to me! I feel very sorry for you.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 6:43 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by geoffboon90
Exactly! For one of my projects 2 of those you mention above had to approve the plan!

Clearly, Dubai needs a space city with it's own shuttle and launch pad! Wouldn't that be great!!!
those we shall not speak of. heh heh

space city...... well it would have to be called Dubai Space City, or DCC for short, just to add to the confusion. lololol
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:58 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

I got fed up with it the other night...

So i'm in a cab going back to the marina from a party in Jumeirah (near kite beach) around 3:00 in the morning.

As i'm sitting there half asleep crossing the madinat jumeirah/beach road interchange i see a white prado scream across the intersection barely missing my cab, then without delay i hear 'smash' look back, and see the prado rolling down the road, having been smashed by a volkwagon 'polo' with a british girl driving and an american guy as passenger (first american i've met here oddly). I stopped my cab and ran over to make sure nobody was hurt, luckily everybody was alright, can't say the same for the vehicles.

So basically, the girl had the green light (as did my cab, which wasn't involved at all). The prado blatently disregarded the red light and flew through the intersection, fast enough that when it was slammed towards the rear by the polo it spun and just started rolling (it did a full rotation 'in the air' as there was no damage to the roof at all).

Knowing what the dubai police are like i told the people i'd stick around to serve as a witness. The police finally arrive, move the cars, then start their investigation. Oddly, they were focusing on the Prado, I assume because the driver and passengers were arabic and possibly locals (although no dishdash). Luckily some locals witnessed the accident as well and told the story as they saw it, which basically made me irrelevant as 'the local is always right'. Even after they told what happened I wondered why the police were still (like...20 minutes now) talking to the kids (daddy's money clubbers). I walked over and asked what they could possibly be discussing.

The police said 'he said somebody hit him and he was chasing after him'. I said 'what does that matter, he ran a red light, he had NO right of way, at least if he was going to run a red light he needs to look both ways before doing it. Then one said 'maybe he was pushed into the intersection.' I said 'hmmm...last time i checked you couldn't bush a car forward by hitting the side of it (damage was on the side, no damage whatsoever to the rear of the car). I was giving a fair bit of emphasis on my speech (not yelling, but definitely telling), all the police were doing was standing there and agreeing.

Literally 30 seconds after I walked over and stated clearly what they couldn't understand, they said, ok, its obviously the prado's fault, regardless of whether somebody hit him. Frankly it just shows that they would rather sit around pondering the irrelevant than look at something logically and make an obvious decision.

Later on he changed his story and said he just ran the light because he wasn't paying attention. The cops took his license away and told him (his daddy) he had to pay a massive fine before he could get it back. He started crying real bad, realizing that he might actually have to get a job in his life.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:24 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TA5

So i'm in a cab going back to the marina from a party in Jumeirah (near kite beach) around 3:00 in the morning.

As i'm sitting there half asleep crossing the madinat jumeirah/beach road interchange i see a white prado scream across the intersection barely missing my cab, then without delay i hear 'smash' look back, and see the prado rolling down the road, having been smashed by a volkwagon 'polo' with a british girl driving and an american guy as passenger (first american i've met here oddly). I stopped my cab and ran over to make sure nobody was hurt, luckily everybody was alright, can't say the same for the vehicles.

So basically, the girl had the green light (as did my cab, which wasn't involved at all). The prado blatently disregarded the red light and flew through the intersection, fast enough that when it was slammed towards the rear by the polo it spun and just started rolling (it did a full rotation 'in the air' as there was no damage to the roof at all).

Knowing what the dubai police are like i told the people i'd stick around to serve as a witness. The police finally arrive, move the cars, then start their investigation. Oddly, they were focusing on the Prado, I assume because the driver and passengers were arabic and possibly locals (although no dishdash). Luckily some locals witnessed the accident as well and told the story as they saw it, which basically made me irrelevant as 'the local is always right'. Even after they told what happened I wondered why the police were still (like...20 minutes now) talking to the kids (daddy's money clubbers). I walked over and asked what they could possibly be discussing.

The police said 'he said somebody hit him and he was chasing after him'. I said 'what does that matter, he ran a red light, he had NO right of way, at least if he was going to run a red light he needs to look both ways before doing it. Then one said 'maybe he was pushed into the intersection.' I said 'hmmm...last time i checked you couldn't bush a car forward by hitting the side of it (damage was on the side, no damage whatsoever to the rear of the car). I was giving a fair bit of emphasis on my speech (not yelling, but definitely telling), all the police were doing was standing there and agreeing.

Literally 30 seconds after I walked over and stated clearly what they couldn't understand, they said, ok, its obviously the prado's fault, regardless of whether somebody hit him. Frankly it just shows that they would rather sit around pondering the irrelevant than look at something logically and make an obvious decision.

Later on he changed his story and said he just ran the light because he wasn't paying attention. The cops took his license away and told him (his daddy) he had to pay a massive fine before he could get it back. He started crying real bad, realizing that he might actually have to get a job in his life.
Been there, done that..... when it comes to handling accidents, the police are always biased towards the local or (in my case, an expat arab).

Lost my car and tore a ligament, but atleast the truck driver was blamed, but he got away scott free for overtaking me from the central lane....

anyway, this was last summer and I have fully recovered and am onto my 2nd car.

The police here are errrrrmmmmmm............ errrrrrmmmmmmm...... errrrrrmmmmmm...... lets leave it at that!

oh and u r a very good samaratan! well done for sticking around after the crash!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:27 pm
The Oracle

jeez...... i feel your pain karen. these people are quite sad for having done that. I feel your pain.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:51 pm
Banned

Emiren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TA5

you must be working for CNN eh?

So when did you started to speak arabic? to follow discussions?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:53 pm
Banned

They have lost her file

So your daughter lost her documents?

Would it be bcoz of this thread? No i call this a coincidence.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:54 pm
Banned

Saudia is NOT Dubai! and vice versa.

To know the business in UAE, read the Book "DON'T THEY KNOW ITS FRIDAY?"
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by geoffboon90

What projects? which projects? can u please elaborate!

Perhaps its time to wake up.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:57 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

They have lost her file

Sorry to hear of your bad luck....remember to keep your cool. If u don't they'll lose the file again. Hope u get it cleared up quick.

take it easy
TS
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:58 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
Good stuff...wish i'de seen the wee lads face..........

Cheers
TS
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Sorry to hear of your bad luck....remember to keep your cool. If u don't they'll lose the file again. Hope u get it cleared up quick.

take it easy
TS

Dont stress yourself for nothing. their is NO "filing" system in the Immigration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.