Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Good dentist needed in Dubai

Good dentist needed in Dubai

Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:45 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good dentist needed in Dubai

Anyone got any recommendations? I think I may need to have a lower wisdom tooth out. It's been giving me massive problems recently.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:49 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good dentist needed in Dubai

Nicholas & Asp on beach road........... although if its just a quick extraction there are dentists at Welcare Hosp and Al Zahara on SZ road
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:07 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassy
Nicholas & Asp on beach road........... although if its just a quick extraction there are dentists at Welcare Hosp and Al Zahara on SZ road
Thanks, sassy. That name seems to come up a lot. I don't think it would be a quick extraction, being an impacted lower wisdom tooth.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:02 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

I had an impacted lower wisdom tooth extracted back in 2005, at the American Dental Hospital on Beach Road (near to Mercato). My jaw was aching too much to ignore any more, so I more-or-less just walked in and asked to see a dentist. She saw me within about 15 minutes, said "You've got an abscess under the tooth, so it's got to come out today", and told me to come back an hour later.

The actual operation took 90 minutes or so from beginning to end... the problem was that the tooth was lying on its side, sunk well into the gum, so only a small amount was poking out (if you get my drift). She had to cut my gum open and drill and pull until everything came out... the last part of the root just didn't want to give itself up easily, which wasn't fun - it didn't hurt, obviously, but the pulling on my head got old pretty quickly Then she stitched up the hole, and I was done. The whole thing cost about 1200 dhs IIRC. I don't know how that compares to somewhere like Nicolas & Asp, but I certainly couldn't complain about the service at the American Dental Hospital.

And I've got another impacted lower wisdom tooth on the other side of my jaw that'll probably need to come out one day
Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Madelene is an unknown quantity at this point

HI, I have had all four wisdom teeth out in Dubai. Done at Dr. Michaels dental clinic on Al Wasl road. I dont remember the name of the dentist but i think he was American. He was very good. I now actually go to the Scandinavian Dental Clinic (also on Al Wasl Rd), this is also a very good clinic.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:12 pm
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by GarethR
I had an impacted lower wisdom tooth extracted back in 2005, at the American Dental Hospital on Beach Road (near to Mercato). My jaw was aching too much to ignore any more, so I more-or-less just walked in and asked to see a dentist. She saw me within about 15 minutes, said "You've got an abscess under the tooth, so it's got to come out today", and told me to come back an hour later.

The actual operation took 90 minutes or so from beginning to end... the problem was that the tooth was lying on its side, sunk well into the gum, so only a small amount was poking out (if you get my drift). She had to cut my gum open and drill and pull until everything came out... the last part of the root just didn't want to give itself up easily, which wasn't fun - it didn't hurt, obviously, but the pulling on my head got old pretty quickly Then she stitched up the hole, and I was done. The whole thing cost about 1200 dhs IIRC. I don't know how that compares to somewhere like Nicolas & Asp, but I certainly couldn't complain about the service at the American Dental Hospital.

And I've got another impacted lower wisdom tooth on the other side of my jaw that'll probably need to come out one day
Well I went along to Nicholas and Asp tonight. Very swish, and very friendly. I didn't have an appointment, but they say me within 20 minutes and took a panoramic x-ray and told me it was infected and was best removed. So I'm going in on Thursday to get it whipped out after a course of antibiotics. Luckily it is quite far out and not at too a ridiculous angle. They've estimated a cost of 700 to 1000 dirhams based on how difficult it proves to dig out.

As long as I don't have a repeat of the nightmare I had with the upper ones. One got infected, and were coming out at stupid angles, and the dentist had 3 different attempts to remove it, only managing to leave a jagged stump and a lot of pain. I had to change dentists to get them to refer me to a proper oral surgeon and got them both taken out in hospital.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sassy
Had two teeth pulled at welcare in a few mins including xray, then round the corner to the IV for some anesthetic! was well imprsed with welcare not the service at the IV
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Dubai_Medical

I've added the places mentioned, but if you guys have more details, contacts/website type stuff, more than welcome to add them to the details

Ta.