Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Girls/Women and T-Shirts in UAE

Girls/Women and T-Shirts in UAE

Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Imdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Girls/Women and T-Shirts in UAE

I'm travelling with my daughters (age 15 and 21) who will invariably want to wear t-shirts. Is this likely to cause a problem? (From the Islamic country viewpoint).

Thanks,

Imdad

Last edited by Imdad; Mar 10th 2008 at 5:34 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:36 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Girls/Women and T-Shirts in UAE

Originally Posted by Imdad
I'm travelling with my daughters (age 15 and 21) who will invariably want to wear t-shirts. Is this likely to cause a problem? (From the Islamic country viewpoint).

Thanks,

Imdad

Thought you'd been to DXB in 2006?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

I was, but it was a quick trip and I didn't pay any mind to what people were wearing! Don't want to trip up though, so I thought I should check.

So, Eva, will they be able to wear t-shirts?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:44 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I was, but it was a quick trip and I didn't pay any mind to what people were wearing! Don't want to trip up though, so I thought I should check.

So, Eva, will they be able to wear t-shirts?

T shirts are fine-not crop tho'....depends what Dad;-im happy with his girls in?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:46 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

We all wear t-shirts

Just bear in mind a little saying that goes around here

'the less you wear, the more they stare'

which also goes for tight fitting t's
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Eva
T shirts are fine-not crop tho'....depends what Dad;-im happy with his girls in?
Thanks, Eva and Sinderelle
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:59 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sindrelle makes good comment Imdad.
Just wondering though what you'd do if your 21 yr old said: 'I am going topless' ...........

Last edited by Eva; Mar 10th 2008 at 6:01 pm. Reason: spacing
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

She won't do that when we're at beaches where topless is tolerated, so I don't have a problem there!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:11 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She won't do that when we're at beaches where topless is tolerated, so I don't have a problem there!

No worries Pop.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Yes she does.........
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Also be wary of the slogans that can be double entendre and suggestive.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Imdad
they can wear tshirts...and strappy tops...it's not going to be a problem in dubai...

MM, xx
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone for your advice!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:24 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your advice!
Yes, just be careful about what the slogan on the T-shirts might say as people have been arrested here for wearing offensive slogans. Avoid anything that might be construed as being religious, drug related or sexually loud.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:28 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

I think your daughtr should respect history and wear a suit of armour, ride horse and slaughter saracens. This is the change since 2006 that you need to be updated with.

There is a local guy called P. Mohd. who does the horses.

The saracens are to be found in The Garage if it still exists.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.