Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Giannino at Meydan Beach Club

Giannino at Meydan Beach Club

Old Oct 31st 2012, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Qataruser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Giannino at Meydan Beach Club

So would be in agreement that many of the reviews on Tripadvisor for places in Doha and Dubai are LESS than honest, there seems to be far too many people raving about the place and the thing that makes me most suspicious are the constant replies to reviews from management.

Steak has to be the worst value meal in all of the Gulf, I am pretty sure that unless you are in frudgeruckers I bet we are eating the same meat from the same suppliers.

Plus as all goo foodies know kobe beef can't be exported from Japan so that burger or steak aint what it claims to be

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolm...kobe-beef-lie/
Old Oct 31st 2012, 2:07 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I've even seen Kobe beef on menus, just wagu. There are different suppliers and not all steak places are equal. And surely you don't go out to somewhere smart purely for the piece of meat? Isn't it about ambience, service, the setting, location, other dishes etc too? That's what the restaurant experience is about.

Did no one see who was quoted in that original article? I must stop commenting as I get quoted all over the flipping place.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Qataruser is an unknown quantity at this point

If you track back to the blog, the owners of Meydan completely disavow the chef. They say he has nothing to do with the place.

Which rather begs the question of WHY you would pay all that money for the place when AS USUAL you are only paying for the name.

Apart from the obvious my number one bug bear with this region is the total lack of good quality good value food it drives me nuts.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 3:22 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Agree.

Took the mrs to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

250 quid for two coronas, a glass of red, two steaks and two sides.

Steaks were alright, but at the end of the day I don't believe anyone not in the food industry can tell the difference between steaks further than;

Shit
Alright
Really tasty
**** me that's incredible (probably the same as really tasty)

It's so easy to pay a fortune for average here. I'd rather eat at home.
That's steep.

Gaucho is the best steak restaurant I've been to here, could not fault it at all. Prices also not too bad.
Old Oct 31st 2012, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
That's steep.

Gaucho is the best steak restaurant I've been to here, could not fault it at all. Prices also not too bad.
Used to go to a Gaucho in London near Harrods. Think they bring vacuum packed steak from Argentina
Old Oct 31st 2012, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

That's steep.

I didn't like the whole, show you the platter of steak cuts thing much..by the time they did that and the sommelier went through the list it was 40 minutes before we could order!! Also I don't need a waiter suggesting what cut of meat I have
"How do you like your steak cooked?"
"I like my steak blue please"
Well in that case I suggest you have the ..blah,blah cut"
"Sod off and get my fillet!!"
Old Oct 31st 2012, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I didn't like the whole, show you the platter of steak cuts thing much..by the time they did that and the sommelier went through the list it was 40 minutes before we could order!! Also I don't need a waiter suggesting what cut of meat I have
But Daaahling...you know your meat....not every girl does....
Old Oct 31st 2012, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
But Daaahling...you know your meat....not every girl does....
a nice bit of rump is always appreciated isn't it Ms. Alexa???
Old Oct 31st 2012, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

a nice bit of rump is always appreciated isn't it Ms. Alexa???
Most definitely!
Old Nov 1st 2012, 2:42 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Fillet? That's not a steak

We were asked if we wanted to see the cuts, the waiter was very good...and I don't bother with sommeliers - I can tell the difference between red and white, but that's about my limit.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Fillet? That's not a steak

We were asked if we wanted to see the cuts, the waiter was very good...and I don't bother with sommeliers - I can tell the difference between red and white, but that's about my limit.
Nor do I usually darling but she was quite amusing, she is from Venezuela and once she started talking it was difficult to shut her up!!

They have a new sommelier in MJs..nice boy but he is 21 for God sake!! I have drunk more bottles of wine than he has lived days!!!!
Old Nov 1st 2012, 6:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Nor do I usually darling but she was quite amusing, she is from Venezuela and once she started talking it was difficult to shut her up!!

They have a new sommelier in MJs..nice boy but he is 21 for God sake!! I have drunk more bottles of wine than he has lived days!!!!
The sommelier in R'sC tried to get me to buy a bottle, just for me as the mrs didn't want any. Seemed a bit excessive so just had a glass. Then had to argue at then end that I'd only had one glass instead of three. Tosser.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

The sommelier in R'sC tried to get me to buy a bottle, just for me as the mrs didn't want any. Seemed a bit excessive so just had a glass. Then had to argue at then end that I'd only had one glass instead of three. Tosser.
lol darling, if nobody else was drinking then I would only order 1 bottle, I could not imagine just having 1 glass of wine throughout dinner

At my birthday dinner 11 of us had 4 bottles of bubbly before dinner, 15 bottles of wine with dinner and cocktails in Koubba bar afterwards.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 7:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

lol darling, if nobody else was drinking then I would only order 1 bottle, I could not imagine just having 1 glass of wine throughout dinner

At my birthday dinner 11 of us had 4 bottles of bubbly before dinner, 15 bottles of wine with dinner and cocktails in Koubba bar afterwards.
If I was with my Dad, that would be the case...because he'd be paying.

But we'd already done the wine and cheese night downstairs and I'd ploughed through a couple of bottles on my own. Anniversary night means I needed to not be completely trouser pressed so I could work my magic.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

If I was with my Dad, that would be the case...because he'd be paying.

But we'd already done the wine and cheese night downstairs and I'd ploughed through a couple of bottles on my own. Anniversary night means I needed to not be completely trouser pressed so I could work my magic.
abracadabra!! Did you manage to pull the old rabbit out of the hat trick???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.