Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Getting documents attested without having secured a job first

Getting documents attested without having secured a job first

Old Jun 29th 2011, 2:29 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting documents attested without having secured a job first

I am currently working in Dubai with my wife. We both work and have the same employer who sponsors us separately.

My Daughter (24) has said she would like to join us here and find work. She has just finished University and is having difficulties finding a job in UK

She has completed GCSE's, a Vocational childcare course (not sure what level - I think 3) plus has just passed 11 modules of a BSc Psychology Degree. She did not pass the Degree but is receiveing a transcript of these from the University.

She would like a job as a teaching assistant (she has experience of this previously)

The plan is for her to come back with us after summer for a month and look for work which would mean that she could stay with us and work for at least a year.

My question/s
1. Is it possible to get her documents notarised and attested for UAE without having a post to go to?
2.Is it worth doing this?
3. Its a long time since I came over/had mine done. Can somebody give me a brief rundown of what I need to do or point me in the right direction of where I might find this information.

Thanks
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:21 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting documents attested without having secured a job first

There is no reason why she should not get the relevant documents attested before finding a position as it is not job specific. It's a bit of hassle and cost, but probably easiest to do it ahead of time if she is certain she wants to work out here.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 5:45 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
I am currently working in Dubai with my wife. We both work and have the same employer who sponsors us separately.

My Daughter (24) has said she would like to join us here and find work. She has just finished University and is having difficulties finding a job in UK

She has completed GCSE's, a Vocational childcare course (not sure what level - I think 3) plus has just passed 11 modules of a BSc Psychology Degree. She did not pass the Degree but is receiveing a transcript of these from the University.

She would like a job as a teaching assistant (she has experience of this previously)

The plan is for her to come back with us after summer for a month and look for work which would mean that she could stay with us and work for at least a year.

My question/s
1. Is it possible to get her documents notarised and attested for UAE without having a post to go to?
2.Is it worth doing this?
3. Its a long time since I came over/had mine done. Can somebody give me a brief rundown of what I need to do or point me in the right direction of where I might find this information.

Thanks
Sorry to resurrect this one, but my daughter has definitely said she wants to come back over with us at the end of the summer. We are getting her certificates notarised this week.

Other than that:

Its a long time since I came over/had mine done. Can somebody give me a brief rundown of what I need to do or point me in the right direction of where I might find this information.?

Also I seem to recall that there are companies who will get the attestation done for you. Does anybody know of this, or which companies/how much it costs/how long it takes?

We are returning on 29th August so timescale is quite short.

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2011, 5:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

There are indeed companies who, for a fee obviously, will do all the legwork for you. I used these people a number of years ago and they were quick and efficient.

http://blairconsular.com/en-gb/
Old Jul 27th 2011, 6:05 am
Just Joined

abbyfex will become famous soon enoughabbyfex will become famous soon enough

Just had mine done in May when i visited the UK.
It is all done Via post now

Firstly she would need to visit a solicitor to have her certificates certified

Once a solicitor has certified the copies (mine charged £5 per document)
-she has to then follow the steps on the FCO website

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/wh.../Legalisation/

and pay the Legalistaion fees online(i found this way the quickest)

- she can post them to the FCO in Milton Keynes with the necessary fee. Include a stamped addressed envelope for the UAE Embassy in London at this address

Our Contact Information

Address General Contact Information
UAE Embasssy
Legalisation Department
48 Prince's Gate
London
SW7 2 QA Tel: + 44 (0) 20 7808 8306 / 8088351
Fax: + 44 (0) 20 7584 0989
E-Mail: [email protected]
along with a postal order for the UAE Embassy fees and a stamped self addressed envelope for yourself.

The FCO will forward the attested documents to the UAE Embassy for you who will then post back to you once they have certified the docs.

Allow about 10 days for the whole process.

HTH
Old Jul 27th 2011, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i used a company called INDEX...they were brilliant, did the whole lot - collected the certificate from my office and delivered all the documentation back for a small additional charge...not quite sure how much it was, maybe around 600 dhs...

INDEX, tel: 04 355 0888, email: [email protected]...

MM, xx
Old Jul 27th 2011, 6:37 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i used a company called INDEX...they were brilliant, did the whole lot - collected the certificate from my office and delivered all the documentation back for a small additional charge...not quite sure how much it was, maybe around 600 dhs...

MM, xx
Hello MM and thanks.

Do INDEX have a UK base as we are currently in UK until we return on 29th August.

Thanks

Victor
Old Jul 27th 2011, 7:04 am
Just Joined

welshmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Victor

A month ago I used a company called Argentum Legalisation based in London. You send them the docs and whilst it is not cheap it saves you running around. They charge on a per document basis along with a time scale. So if you need them in a hurry you pay more. They received our docs and we received them back within 7 days. I think it was around STG 123.00 per document plus postage back to you (choose via courier or special delivery). Site is argentum-legal.com and you should be able to get all the details from there. Hope that helps! - mind you not cheap!
Old Jul 28th 2011, 8:02 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Originally Posted by abbyfex
Just had mine done in May when i visited the UK.
It is all done Via post now

Firstly she would need to visit a solicitor to have her certificates certified

Once a solicitor has certified the copies (mine charged £5 per document)
-she has to then follow the steps on the FCO website

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/wh.../Legalisation/

and pay the Legalistaion fees online(i found this way the quickest)

- she can post them to the FCO in Milton Keynes with the necessary fee. Include a stamped addressed envelope for the UAE Embassy in London at this address

Our Contact Information

Address General Contact Information
UAE Embasssy
Legalisation Department
48 Prince's Gate
London
SW7 2 QA Tel: + 44 (0) 20 7808 8306 / 8088351
Fax: + 44 (0) 20 7584 0989
E-Mail: [email protected]
along with a postal order for the UAE Embassy fees and a stamped self addressed envelope for yourself.

The FCO will forward the attested documents to the UAE Embassy for you who will then post back to you once they have certified the docs.

Allow about 10 days for the whole process.

HTH
Hello Abbeyfex,

thanks very much for your detailed response, which is really helpful.

I will get my wife on the case today (she is more au fait with these kind of things). Sounds like it will save a lot of hassle - we went down to London when we had oours done in 2007.

Can I check - did you get the actual documents notarised, or photocopies of them? Also did you send the photocopies to the FCO or the actual certificates (or both)?

Thanks for your time and help

Victor
Old Jul 28th 2011, 8:03 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
Hello MM,

if we end up doing it from within Dubai, approximatley how much does it cost per document with INDEX?

Thanks
Victor
Old Jul 28th 2011, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

abbyfex will become famous soon enoughabbyfex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Hello Abbeyfex,

thanks very much for your detailed response, which is really helpful.

I will get my wife on the case today (she is more au fait with these kind of things). Sounds like it will save a lot of hassle - we went down to London when we had oours done in 2007.

Can I check - did you get the actual documents notarised, or photocopies of them? Also did you send the photocopies to the FCO or the actual certificates (or both)?

Thanks for your time and help

Victor
I made a copy of each certificate and had those legalised and attested.
i did not feel comfortably send the originals by post as i was worried they might get lost and getting replacements would be a hassle.
HTH