Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Geordies In Dubai?

Geordies In Dubai?

Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

jebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud of
Default Re: Geordies In Dubai?

Another Geordie checking in. Currently laid up with a broken ankle in Heaton so not too far from Byker. As soon as the ankle mends I will be back in Dubai - so probably beginning of September.

Usually one of the reasons for seeking out other Geordies is that they are the only ones who understand the accent!

Welcome to Dubai Jackie

JAG
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:20 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

GEordie!?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 3:49 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jebelaligardener
Another Geordie checking in. Currently laid up with a broken ankle in Heaton so not too far from Byker. As soon as the ankle mends I will be back in Dubai - so probably beginning of September.

Usually one of the reasons for seeking out other Geordies is that they are the only ones who understand the accent!

Welcome to Dubai Jackie

JAG
I don't have an accent, I am the posh Geordie!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
ohh you so do have an accent, BC...!!!

MM, xx
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

jebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud of

I met someone a few years back who told me she was from 'Coopen' in Newcastle. When asked if she meant Cowpen her reply was 'Not if you live there darling!'
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
ohh you so do have an accent, BC...!!!

MM, xx
nah I dinnit!

Old Jul 28th 2007, 3:15 pm
Wor Jackie

Jackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really nice

nah I dinnit!

I think you'll find the word is "divn't"

So you're really a barcode?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jackie Milburn

whatever the word is...she really does have an accent, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:11 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jackie Milburn

sand dancer and barcode supporter!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Vitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really nice

Mackem here Moving to Dubai late next week so holler if you fancy a beer (you have to pay if you thinking of slagging us off ).
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vitriol01
Mackem here Moving to Dubai late next week so holler if you fancy a beer (you have to pay if you thinking of slagging us off ).
ahh another magpies fan then? heh...

I think the funniest geordie accent i've heard is my friend dan... he lived in brummyham for awhile and has a weird hybrid accent... especially since he now lives in essex lol.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nick-the-Beer
Where is Jackie Milburn?
NickTB, surely you can answer that if you think hard enough...??

MM, xx
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
whatever the word is...she really does have an accent, lol...

MM, xx
is it as strong as your Brummie accent!!!

(oops Ill pay for that one)
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
is it as strong as your Brummie accent!!!

(oops Ill pay for that one)
ooohhh...you so will...!!!

MM, xx