GEMS Wellington and other GEMS

GEMS Wellington and other GEMS

Old Apr 17th 2021, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

SandyMcSand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GEMS Wellington and other GEMS

Hi all,

Hope Ramadan is treating you all well?

Just wanted to capture some feedback / reviews for GEMS Wellington Al Sufouh and just GEMS British schools in general, are they worth the premium? Any parents here with children at GEMS?

My sister has just moved here and trying to get her daughter a British FS2 spot, she preferred DESS, DIA and DBS, but they all are waitlisting or waitlisting for the waitlist!

Any recommendations out there?

Cheers
McSand
Old Apr 19th 2021, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GEMS Wellington and other GEMS

Possibly not as polished as some of the other top schools but some Brit friends sent their kids to a Dubai GEMS a few years back (can't remember which) and had a good experience - or they always said they did.

Bit of an anecdotal reply. Sorry not very clear. Good luck
Old Apr 20th 2021, 6:31 pm
fth
Forum Regular

fth is an unknown quantity at this point

If wait listed for DESS hope for a slot there. There are always a few departures in the works with kids leaving town. I noticed a few new kids staring in my son's class in year 1 during the past couple of terms and they have been inviting applications from non-brits too.

DESS would be the top pick in Doha for primary schools in my mind by a country mile. Other happy parents have kids at Doha College and ADS. Park House and Hamilton would be another couple worth looking at.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

SandyMcSand is an unknown quantity at this point

DESS have been a bit of a joke if I’m honest. They were our first choice but have been messing us around. They went from “we have space, please apply” to not even being offered a spot on the waitlist in the space of a few days.

So now we’re looking around and focusing on teaching quality more than anything.

Based in dubai btw.