Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

GARMIN NUVI REPAIRS

GARMIN NUVI REPAIRS

Old Sep 30th 2009, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light
Default GARMIN NUVI REPAIRS

My Garmin NUVI 610 (car GPS) a couple of years old can not 'find satellites'. I have googled and followed instructions form helpful souls on forums around the world, updated software etc. It has a fairly common problem in that the internal clock needs re-setting. It asks me if it is 30 Oct 2006? After downlodsing updates etc it asked me if it was 2 March 2007? The wise heads in far away continents say this is a dealer issue. OK, so this is UAE.

The exam question which I throw out to you all this morning is.... where do I get that sort of service here? I can go backl the point of sale, Sharaff DG in Ibn Battuta, But I can almost sense in detail the utter lack of consumer service concern....

Anyone had Garmin service experience?

Thanks
Old Sep 30th 2009, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GARMIN NUVI REPAIRS

Originally Posted by B Bear
My Garmin NUVI 610 (car GPS) a couple of years old can not 'find satellites'. I have googled and followed instructions form helpful souls on forums around the world, updated software etc. It has a fairly common problem in that the internal clock needs re-setting. It asks me if it is 30 Oct 2006? After downlodsing updates etc it asked me if it was 2 March 2007? The wise heads in far away continents say this is a dealer issue. OK, so this is UAE.

The exam question which I throw out to you all this morning is.... where do I get that sort of service here? I can go backl the point of sale, Sharaff DG in Ibn Battuta, But I can almost sense in detail the utter lack of consumer service concern....

Thanks
hahahah customer service.... sorry dont think that happens here.... i can point you in direction of the garmin shop in abu dhabi they are very helpful its in mina port, but dont know where the one in dubai would be.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
hahahah customer service.... sorry dont think that happens here.... i can point you in direction of the garmin shop in abu dhabi they are very helpful its in mina port, but dont know where the one in dubai would be.
Pearls
Old Sep 30th 2009, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

ozkingy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by B Bear

Thanks
I had a problem with mine a while ago, but it was still under warranty. I took it back to Plugins in Festival City. They said they had a Garmin rep come once a week to pick up/drop off units. They may be able to help you get onto the Garmin repair place in Dubai, and may even be able to get it done for you (at a price of course!). I found the customer service at Plugins to be reasonable.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Ozkingy.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

I had a problem with my 715 version,
I did email the folk back in Uk and they were very help full now mine works fine, however i am in Riyadh !!
Try to email the people in the uk as well as try to sort it locally.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Brilliant, thanks guys. festival city is my nearest mall, so that will do nicely - after contacting the UK garmin folk as well.

Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

I do have the contact details of the uk folk if you want it, please send me a pm i rather not post the details on here.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coffindodger
I do have the contact details of the uk folk if you want it, please send me a pm i rather not post the details on here.
...got it, cheers!