Reload this Page >

The Gardens, Jebel Ali & General Info

The Gardens, Jebel Ali & General Info

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

kevlittle21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Gardens, Jebel Ali & General Info

Hello,

Im due to relocate out to the middle east, and dubai itself, at the end of october, i have been provided with a 2 bed furnished apartment at the gardens, jebel ali in with my package, could anyone offer any advice / details / about the gardens in general?

Do they have a gym (weight lifting and cardio equipment)? is this generally a nice area to settle into middle eastern life? i have looked at the mall online and this looks really impressive.

Are the pool's at the gardens used by many? are they clean and nice to use?

Any general info would be great as this appears quite limited online.

Im also a big newcastle united fan, are there any suggestions on good pubs to watch newcastle play in particular? maybe a supporters club?

Many thanks in advance & kind regards
kev little
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Gardens, Jebel Ali & General Info

Originally Posted by kevlittle21
Hello,

Im due to relocate out to the middle east, and dubai itself, at the end of october, i have been provided with a 2 bed furnished apartment at the gardens, jebel ali in with my package, could anyone offer any advice / details / about the gardens in general?

Do they have a gym (weight lifting and cardio equipment)? is this generally a nice area to settle into middle eastern life? i have looked at the mall online and this looks really impressive.

Im also a big newcastle united fan, are there any suggestions on good pubs to watch newcastle play in particular? maybe a supporters club?

kev little
I have lived in a 2 bed flat in The Gardens for 8 years and we love it! It must have the most trees and greenery of just about anywhere in Dubai. Of course that may not be your opinion! The swimming pool near me doesn't seem to be used as much as you would expect. However it appears very clean and a couple of guys are there at 06.00 each day cleaning the pool itself! I don't believe there are any free gyms, but a big fitness first in Ibn Battuta mall and also a smallish one at Jebel Ali Club both of which you have to pay to use!
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for the quick reply mate, appreciated.

Any idea on costs of the fitness first? guess i could look online for info on that.

From the limited info / pics of the gardens online, it does look spot on to be honest, do you use many of the facilities provided? in your opinion?

Cheers again
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 6:45 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the quick reply mate, appreciated.

Any idea on costs of the fitness first? guess i could look online for info on that.

From the limited info / pics of the gardens online, it does look spot on to be honest, do you use many of the facilities provided? in your opinion?

Cheers again
It's not cheap for the gym,. about £70 a month, it's a good gym though, big and just last month been fully done out so top gear in there.

Ibn Buttuta Mall is pretty good, shops aren;t all that but 13 screen cinema, loads of pick n mix places, booze shop hidden away in there - it'll do the job. Plus the Marina where loads of boozers are is less than 15 mins away in a cab.

Oh and there's a quality kebab shop nearby as well.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Kebab shop? like home from home, champion.

Are there any other gym's close by? Il be working in the jebel ali free zone, somewhere enroute perhaps?

Iv sent fitness first an email enquiring about costs.

A mate lives in the marina area, so he will show me around that part of town, which will be a massive help.

But i need a gym or il be like a house end in 6 month, especially with this kebab house close by.

Cheers for the reply mate, appreciated
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 9:06 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Kebab shop? like home from home, champion.

Are there any other gym's close by? Il be working in the jebel ali free zone, somewhere enroute perhaps?

Iv sent fitness first an email enquiring about costs.

A mate lives in the marina area, so he will show me around that part of town, which will be a massive help.

But i need a gym or il be like a house end in 6 month, especially with this kebab house close by.

Cheers for the reply mate, appreciated
All gyms are expensive mate, fitness first are good (well for a gym), you can use the other ones around as well, AED 400 a month which is cracking onto £80 a month to be honest.

Aye kebabs are quality at that place.

do you play footy?
Old Oct 4th 2011, 4:23 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
All gyms are expensive mate, fitness first are good (well for a gym), you can use the other ones around as well, AED 400 a month which is cracking onto £80 a month to be honest.

Aye kebabs are quality at that place.

do you play footy?
Spugsy's right. The one I used, up until it cooled down enough to get a bike and ride it around the marina, was AED 700 a month (£125 a month) so count FF as a good price.

There are even some that try to charge AED 900 a month!
Old Oct 4th 2011, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to have landed on your feet but just double check that they are putting you up at The Gardens rather than Discovery Gardens just down the road.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Cheers for all the replies, appreciated.

Spuggsy, aye mate i enjoy a kick about like, iv never played at a decent level, but know how to play, if i can get a little fitness back i still love it. Are there any games going out there?

I think Fitness First will do fine then, as its on my door step and appears to be reasonably priced in comparison.

And try and limit myself to one kebab a week eh? haha.

Cheers again all
Old Oct 4th 2011, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Spuggsy, aye mate i enjoy a kick about like,
this board is turning into Geordie expats!

Aye... Champion... Wayhay the toon man/pet or whatever it is you geordie lads say! We shall soon need a translation page for us simple southerners!

Anyway welcome littlekev
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:38 am
why ayeeeee man!

Cheers for all the replies, appreciated.

Spuggsy, aye mate i enjoy a kick about like, iv never played at a decent level, but know how to play, if i can get a little fitness back i still love it. Are there any games going out there?

I think Fitness First will do fine then, as its on my door step and appears to be reasonably priced in comparison.

And try and limit myself to one kebab a week eh? haha.

Cheers again all
I play 3 times a week and sure I can get you into our Friday afternoon footy games mate, I still play and in all honesty I'm nothing more than average (with the twice yearly wondergoals!)
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by kittycat1
this board is turning into Geordie expats!

Aye... Champion... Wayhay the toon man/pet or whatever it is you geordie lads say! We shall soon need a translation page for us simple southerners!

Anyway welcome littlekev
Cor Cat you should taste the kebabs doon our way!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:56 am
Just Joined

aye mate that'd be sound, 11 or 5 a side? out-door i assume, the heat will kill me at first haha, but id be well up for a knock about bud

is it a team or just a group of friends against friends? either way mate it'd be great to get involved.

i know how to play and understand football a little better than i can play, if mt feet and legs could do what my brain tells them to do, id be decent, haha.

thanks again mate, very much appreciated
Old Oct 6th 2011, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

jebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud ofjebelaligardener has much to be proud of

Jebel Ali Club has a gym, swimming pool and tennis courts. Membership is fairly cheap from what I remember, but the gym is quite small esp compared to Fitness First.

Football is shown in the bar so good chance you will get to see the matches there (I am Toon Army supporter aswell) The prices in the bar are fairly cheap.

With regard to the apartments, depending on what building number you are in, some have no problems, others have damp (buildings 128 and 129 are the ones I know of). The biggest problem I had wasn't in the apartment - it was getting in and out of The Gardens if it rained (not that it happens very often). They have a drainage problem - so the roads in and around The Gardens and Ibn Battuta become flooded.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

kev little
Hello from another Geordie, South Shields to be exact

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.