Fustrated

Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:40 am
Just Joined

SkyBlueBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fustrated

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone else is waiting, what seems forever, to receive there work visa for UAE? My company keeps telling me that its in the system but its been 5 weeks were originally i was told 3 maximum.

Regrading my flight ticket, does any one know if this will have a set date or is there such a thing as an open ticket? i.e ring up airport to find out when next flight leaves and if there is a seat free. I ask this as work seems as desperate for me to be there as i am to go.

and finally how long would it take to walk from jumeriah gardens or marina to the centre of the plam island?

Many thanks
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fustrated

it can take as long as a piece of string, it really depends on the company pro etc, but ramadan is coming soon so things will slow down even more, shorter working hours etc but you should have it by then.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

jumeriah gardens or marina to the centre of the plam island?
too long. the centre of the palm to the beginning of the trunk is quite a walk. Nobody walks in Dubai..
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:18 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glennwaters
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone else is waiting, what seems forever, to receive there work visa for UAE? My company keeps telling me that its in the system but its been 5 weeks were originally i was told 3 maximum.

They will not be able to sort your resident visa out from outside of the UAE without your passport, it seems that from your post you seem to be saying that is what you think is happening. You would come in on a visitors visa.Where are you coming from?

Regrading my flight ticket, does any one know if this will have a set date or is there such a thing as an open ticket? i.e ring up airport to find out when next flight leaves and if there is a seat free. I ask this as work seems as desperate for me to be there as i am to go.

Emirates do not do an open ticket but other airlines may do.

and finally how long would it take to walk from jumeriah gardens or marina to the centre of the plam island?

Try an hour and no pavements, but it is quite a distance as even if you could walk it is not direct, in fact no where is a direct travel ie as the crow flies

Many thanks
ddd
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:20 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
ddd
Hi everyone

They will not be able to sort your resident visa out from outside of the UAE without your passport, it seems that from your post you seem to be saying that is what you think is happening. You would come in on a visitors visa.Where are you coming from?

Emirates do not do an open ticket but other airlines may do.

Try an hour and no pavements, but it is quite a distance as even if you could walk it is not direct, in fact no where is a direct travel ie as the crow flies
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:41 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
no where is a direct travel ie as the crow flies[/COLOR]
That is because there are no crows you see.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

I've been in Dubai since 5th July trying to get my employment visa...the application was made on an 'urgent' basis, but as you will find out for yourself nothing is ever 'urgent' over here

Once you get your employment visa you will then need to apply for your residential visa, which I am told is just a formality - you'll need to have a medical.

And then once you get your residential then you can get your accomodation/telephone line/internet etc.

As to walking...are you frigging crazy.....it's DAMN HOT out here and NOONE walks around.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Saj786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mission
I've been in Dubai since 5th July trying to get my employment visa...the application was made on an 'urgent' basis, but as you will find out for yourself nothing is ever 'urgent' over here

Once you get your employment visa you will then need to apply for your residential visa, which I am told is just a formality - you'll need to have a medical.

And then once you get your residential then you can get your accomodation/telephone line/internet etc.

As to walking...are you frigging crazy.....it's DAMN HOT out here and NOONE walks around.
So, between the time you get your employment visa and residential visa, I guess you just have to live in temp accomodation without a phone line and internet?

Can an employer apply for an employment visa without the employee being in Dubai?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:28 am
Just Joined

As far as i know they can. Im waiting for my visa to come through along with my plane ticket. Work has sorted it all out but its took alot longer than i thought. I got it in my head that the ticket will be an open ticket of which i simply ring up the airline and confirm a place. I hope this is how it works as im wanting to go the following day it arrives.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saj786
So, between the time you get your employment visa and residential visa, I guess you just have to live in temp accomodation without a phone line and internet?

Can an employer apply for an employment visa without the employee being in Dubai?
yep your employer can apply for your employment visa without u being in dubai.

and yep you will need to live in temporary accomodation ie hotel or aprt, both of which will come with a telephone line and you can request internet connection as well.

But what you won't be able to do is secure an apartment for yourself to rent, without getting your residential visa first. Although if your visa is in the process and you have a letter from the company saying it is, then you should be able to rent an apartment. It's what i've done.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

I got a month in a hotel then hopefully a flat share with some like minded people. My company is sorting it all out regrading the visa, its just that its taken an age. I never thought id ever say this but i actually want to start work!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:02 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Try not to let your employer know about your enthusiasm for work.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 6:45 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Its exactly these kind of ethics that we dont want over here, thank you!!!!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Many thanks
where is Jumeirah Gardens and why would you want to walk to the centre of Palm Island?
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

I have no idea where it is but hoping its near jumeirah! Will be on the trump tower hence need to get to the centre of the island, was hoping to save money and not get a car but looks like that idea is a non starter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.