Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A french manager need english conversational courses (give French courses in return)

A french manager need english conversational courses (give French courses in return)

Old Nov 25th 2012, 7:57 am
Just Joined

sbaro is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile A french manager need english conversational courses (give French courses in return)

Hello,

I am currently based in Dubai (Lake Towers), I would like someone in this community help me to make progress in conversational English, I went at Eton Institute but group courses don't statisfy me and personnal courses are very expensive. I propose give him in exchange French courses (native language) !

We could meet in publics area (coffee for example) to speak 1 or 2 hours per day (I leave in 20 days).

Thanks you by advance
Old Nov 25th 2012, 1:55 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A french manager need english conversational courses (give French courses in retu

I am inevitably reminded of the timeless Herr Lipp (League of Gentlemen - anyone remember them?):

"For those boys who can't get my Englisch, come to me in private and I will take you in my German mouth..."

Sorry for that, couldn't resist - bienvenue au bord!

Though I guess you're not really looking for schoolboy French anyway, are you...
Old Nov 25th 2012, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: A french manager need english conversational courses (give French courses in retu

Sorry,

A boy or a girl, I don't mind, I have to go back in France in 2 weeks so I want to progress, therefore I am looking for someone to speak every day.

I am not looking for a date or a girlfriend. I would work here but I know that I am not fluent.

And your joke wasn't fun.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

I think that I need to repete, I am not looking for a date, men are obviously also welcomed for teaching me english against my french .

I am in dubai for for finding a job in marketing, I have three weeks before my return to France and I would like to use this time to improve my English.

Thank you.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:43 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sbaro
Sorry,

A boy or a girl, I don't mind, I have to go back in France in 2 weeks so I want to progress, therefore I am looking for someone to speak every day.

I am not looking for a date or a girlfriend. I would work here but I know that I am not fluent.

And your joke wasn't fun.
I really wasn't trying to make fun of you - your request just reminded me of a stupid cult British TV comedy from the 1990's. If you had not seen it (which I'm fairly sure you would not have) then it would not have been funny to you. I still think it was funny though....

Anyway, in order to try and be helpful, you need to find somebody who will have a clear motivation to spend that much time speaking with you in the next couple of weeks. I think that will be a challenge and frankly I would be very surprised if you can find somebody on this board who would be willing to do this.

Have you thought about posting a notice in one of the schools/colleges in Knowledge Village which is not too far from where you are? Or maybe trying to get a brief internship (unpaid work) somewhere where you will be challenged to interact in English but where your knowledge of French might be of use (so they have an incentive to take you on)?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Ok,

Sorry Miss Anne, I thought it was a troll, thank you for your advises, I will try these ways.

I know that it will be difficult but "qui ne tente rien n'a rien"

It is always difficult when you want something without having to pay in this society...but who knows?

M.