Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Football where to watch and play!

Football where to watch and play!

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:13 am
Just Joined

sharpshane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Football where to watch and play!

hi all, just a quick hello im new to this site.

Just a few questions, i know there is possibly many a post out there with this info but i was wondering where the best place to watch Arsenal games in Dubai is also if i want to join an expat team how do i go about this?? or just to start playing footy again with a few people would help!! hope you can help!!

thanks!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:23 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Football where to watch and play!

Originally Posted by sharpshane

Just a few questions, i know there is possibly many a post out there with this info but i was wondering where the best place to watch Arsenal games in Dubai is also if i want to join an expat team how do i go about this?? or just to start playing footy again with a few people would help!! hope you can help!!

thanks!
Spugsy plays footy on a weekly basis I believe. As for watching Arsenal with some fellow Gooners, how about in the toilet? If you wanna watch some decent football, however, there are umpteen sports bars here in Dubai.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:37 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks!
plenty of bars mate, where are you staying? theres a sports bar near mall of emirates that gets quite busy called 'the locker room' at the golden tulip,

I play footy 3 times a week, 7 a side league, 5 a side league and me and a load of ex pats lads turn up at safa park, pick teams and play for 2 or 3 hours, its great, feel free to come along mate,

how old are you? are you any good? It doesn't matter but we need a striker for our 5 a side team...
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spugsy
plenty of bars mate, where are you staying? theres a sports bar near mall of emirates that gets quite busy called 'the locker room' at the golden tulip,

I play footy 3 times a week, 7 a side league, 5 a side league and me and a load of ex pats lads turn up at safa park, pick teams and play for 2 or 3 hours, its great, feel free to come along mate,

how old are you? are you any good? It doesn't matter but we need a striker for our 5 a side team...
i live in discovery gardens, im 26 have been out of football for 2 years (injury) and can finally play again i was fairly decent yes played for chelsea (scum) when i was younger really miss playing and having a good laugh have moved here with girlfriend and reallly really need to get out and return to my cave man self!! would love to play when do play at safa park?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:45 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

i live in discovery gardens, im 26 have been out of football for 2 years (injury) and can finally play again i was fairly decent yes played for chelsea (scum) when i was younger really miss playing and having a good laugh have moved here with girlfriend and reallly really need to get out and return to my cave man self!! would love to play when do play at safa park?
there you spugsy!! another 'victim'
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
there you spugsy!! another 'victim'
oh no what have i let myself in for?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

oh no what have i let myself in for?
you will find out .....
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:08 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

we play at 2pm every friday, dont think I'll be there this week as may have a serious hangover, but feel free to get yourself along.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:29 am
Just Joined

we play at 2pm every friday, dont think I'll be there this week as may have a serious hangover, but feel free to get yourself along.
cool will do roughly where abouts do you play in safa park? also do u need me for 5 a side?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

cool will do roughly where abouts do you play in safa park? also do u need me for 5 a side?
we'll see what you're like first mate

go to the main entrance just off SZR and its the 2nd pitch on the left, you'll see loads of english lads, get there for 2pm though...
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

I'll be there on Friday for a run out if you fancy coming along, shame you will miss Spugsy's cultured Row Z clearances!!!

PM me if you want...
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

go to the main entrance just off SZR and its the 2nd pitch on the left, you'll see loads of english lads, get there for 2pm though...
What happened last night eh big man? Not sure about that penalty to be honest!!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:22 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I'll be there on Friday for a run out if you fancy coming along, shame you will miss Spugsy's cultured Row Z clearances!!!

PM me if you want...
I'm like the geordie Vidic me mate!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:23 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
What happened last night eh big man? Not sure about that penalty to be honest!!
penalty was as soft as they come, we're crap mate, got about 11 players missing,

I hear we're close to signing Messi, Rooney, Ribery and Cannavaro though today, so we'll be fine.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:42 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I always thought that the main entrance was on Al Wasl Road. We usually go to the park before lunch on Saturdays and there is always a competitive game on, between the boating lake and the SZR gate. Last week there were some young European kids in Brazil outfits who played a huge team of red thugs off the park. It was good to watch. So are you playing this coming Friday afters(Spugsy) or are you taking the missus up country?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.