Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Flats close to the DIFC

Flats close to the DIFC

Old Dec 19th 2021, 10:44 am
Just Joined

letodma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flats close to the DIFC

I'm taking a role in Dubai in the DIFC and planning my move now and looking to find a flat near the DIFC.

I won't be driving and prefer walking to work (rather than the metro) so not having to walk outdoors is ideal. I read that there are mall walkways connect some buildings and the shopping centre under the DIFC (I think it's called Gate Avenue).

Any thoughts for a 2 bedroom place?
Old Dec 19th 2021, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flats close to the DIFC

Index or (maybe) Sky Gardens. Rest are all shit, my friend had rats in his bathroom on the 20th floor in the DAMAC one.

Old Dec 30th 2021, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

julian_in_dubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flats close to the DIFC

Originally Posted by letodma
I'm taking a role in Dubai in the DIFC and planning my move now and looking to find a flat near the DIFC.

I won't be driving and prefer walking to work (rather than the metro) so not having to walk outdoors is ideal. I read that there are mall walkways connect some buildings and the shopping centre under the DIFC (I think it's called Gate Avenue).

Any thoughts for a 2 bedroom place?
the only buildings I would live in in DIFC are Index (where I currently live) Central Park, and the Maze. Don’t really think of sky gardens or burj daman (although a friend had a two bedroom Duplex in BD that was super cool, but it’s a busy congested entrance and building, long way in and out for car park etc)

Central Park has great facilities, super market etc down stairs but no balconies (you can open windows) Maze is great good facilities, nice but slim balconies good design but whole building owned by one company which mean negotiations are fairly restricted (but good with maintenance) and it’s on SZR meaning there some noise.

index is great, good design and outlook there is now Carrefour downstairs but small outside part to walk through in summer to get to same to connect into gate avenue (we are talking 30 meters so nothing) little bit dicky with the 30 floor mezzanine and no outside pool only inside (designed by a Brit) most apartments have a balcony some have big terraces - good gym.