Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Flat-sharing illegal in Dubai

Flat-sharing illegal in Dubai

Old Oct 16th 2013, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flat-sharing illegal in Dubai

Originally Posted by busybee2
the local housing areas are yes the ones opp FW, they are new ones they have built, but the other areas are the ones as you say at shahama, samha, fahal, bahia, etc etc. these areas were gifted to them and so they are not allowed to rent them to expats.

yes you may think the rules here are somewhat daft, but then again, in other places of the world you would not be thrown in jail for using a maid part time etc... those are the rules and you live here so you should abide by those rules.....
Thus spake a spokesperson for the Ministry of the Inferior...
Old Oct 16th 2013, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

BB2 you forgot to say "if you don't like it leave"
Old Oct 17th 2013, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
BB2 you forgot to say "if you don't like it leave"
hahaha i wouldnt say that..... i had a real moan at a family in car4 one day, as they put all their shopping through then disappeared,me waiting patiently in line with all my shopping on the belt.... asked what the hold up was.... needed a price on veg..!!! then they come back after a long while, to put that through, then nothing.... they didnt have their club card so they had sent someone down to the underground car park to get it..... after like 10 mins.. me having a big moan at them, and getting the usual reply...!!!! eventually they paid up... but so then i started to pack my own bags etc, but they suddenely forgot they wanted phone credit or something else so i made them wait until i had finished, they tried to get the cashier to do it before me... but oh no way!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Jamesdavid is an unknown quantity at this point

It is illegal but many continue to share flats because of cost factors.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamesdavid
It is illegal but many continue to share flats because of cost factors.
It is not illegal to flat share in Dubai as long as it is same sex sharing. The problem is that if the tenancy contract is not in your name then it becomes difficult to get certain things..booze license for 1 :-)