Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

First day finished and a question

First day finished and a question

Old Sep 10th 2012, 12:04 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First day finished and a question

Originally Posted by Scamp
The Jeep with a 6.something engine in it is silly, scary quick.

Mate's got one and destroyed a 911 from the lights.
I had an SRT 8 in the UK when they 1st came out in 07, It was mental as was the fuel consumption. It was quicker than a Cayenne though a 911 would leave it standing if the driver really wanted to play.

Bought a 911 turbo last week and had everything from a Tiida to a Tundra trying to race between lights, I just let them get on with it.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I had an SRT 8 in the UK when they 1st came out in 07, It was mental as was the fuel consumption. It was quicker than a Cayenne though a 911 would leave it standing if the driver really wanted to play.

Bought a 911 turbo last week and had everything from a Tiida to a Tundra trying to race between lights, I just let them get on with it.
Old man used to have a 911 Carrera 4. EVERYONE wanted to race or overtake on the motorway.

He used to have a field day.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 12:14 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Old man used to have a 911 Carrera 4. EVERYONE wanted to race or overtake on the motorway.

He used to have a field day.
That was my 1st Porsche, took it in swap and thought I had nicked it. Little did I realise a) It had ceramic brakes and b) they were shagged.

Got quoted 10k by porsche to change them, my 1st lesson in buying performance cars - Leave yourself a huge margin, you will need it.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

That was my 1st Porsche, took it in swap and thought I had nicked it. Little did I realise a) It had ceramic brakes and b) they were shagged.

Got quoted 10k by porsche to change them, my 1st lesson in buying performance cars - Leave yourself a huge margin, you will need it.
Once got a flat in it on the motorway. Lump of plastic wedged in the tyre and eventually went flat.

Put on a 30mph space saver for a back wheel. Bit embarrassing.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 12:37 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MaserMan
Gransport and really miss it. Thought I saw a 4200 yesterday but we turned a corner before I had a good look.
I used to have a 4200, mental car, great fun, loved it.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:11 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Had a BMW 335d coupe (with remapped engine) before I came out here, which was very reserved, but insanely quick. Now my wife drives an X6 back home and I splutter around town in a Nissan Sunny Classic, complete with 3-speed auto box (x-slow, v-slow, slow)
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny thing about having a Porsche is that it usually had people wanting to race you, have had a 968, 2 933's and a Cayenne turbo. but the maser just broughtgot admiring glances and the thumbs up. Could have been that where I was living there were loads of Porsches and Ferrari's but I had the only rosso mondiale maserati.

Which model number is the 911 turbo Britexpat76?
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:24 pm
Shark Fisherman

Funny thing about having a Porsche is that it usually had people wanting to race you, have had a 968, 2 933's and a Cayenne turbo. but the maser just broughtgot admiring glances and the thumbs up. Could have been that where I was living there were loads of Porsches and Ferrari's but I had the only rosso mondiale maserati.

Which model number is the 911 turbo Britexpat76?
Its 997.1, The last one before they changed the Tiptronic to PDK.

Its a 2009 car but registered 9 months ago, it also has the LED rear lights so if someone actually knows what they are looking at it looks current.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its 997.1, The last one before they changed the Tiptronic to PDK.

Its a 2009 car but registered 9 months ago, it also has the LED rear lights so if someone actually knows what they are looking at it looks current.
Very nice. Going to be the daily driver?
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

I just ended up spending another 4000 qar on my car for a month because i didnt have time to sort something else out.

I really need to get a lease sorted before the end of this month though.

On my planet the air is pink and all the trees are red.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:53 pm
Shark Fisherman

Very nice. Going to be the daily driver?
Nope, It would do my tree in using it daily. Have a trusty - comfortable merc for that.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:17 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Nope, It would do my tree in using it daily. Have a trusty - comfortable merc for that.
Not surprised with that liftin' red interior...
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:23 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Kix
Not surprised with that liftin' red interior...

Least its not black. I have always had a thing for red leather...........
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:37 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Least its not black. I have always had a thing for red leather...........
Amazing, from the cost of taxis to red kinky leather boots in 28 posts.

Impressive!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kix
Amazing, from the cost of taxis to red kinky leather boots in 28 posts.

Impressive!
The joy of this forum!