Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Finding A Job In Middle East

Finding A Job In Middle East

Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:31 am
Just Joined

SONDO will become famous soon enough
Default Finding A Job In Middle East

Hi I am getting frustrated at the lack of feedback i recieve when applying for jobs in the middle east.Also the pace of any feedback is extremely slow. Is this normal? Can anyone suggest a better way of attempting to get employment? I work in IT as a software Test \ QA engineer. I have registered with all the usual websites and have even tried cold calling companies but am finding it an extremely frustrating experience.

Anyone got any constructive suggestions to help?
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Finding A Job In Middle East

Originally Posted by SONDO
Hi I am getting frustrated at the lack of feedback i recieve when applying for jobs in the middle east.Also the pace of any feedback is extremely slow. Is this normal? Can anyone suggest a better way of attempting to get employment? I work in IT as a software Test \ QA engineer. I have registered with all the usual websites and have even tried cold calling companies but am finding it an extremely frustrating experience.

that is pretty normal! keep trying and good luck
Old Aug 20th 2006, 11:02 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

We have numerous openings for IT people, try looking at www.emiratesgroupcareers.com and see what's up there.

Also if you pm me I'll give you an e-mail of someone who might be able to help
Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:34 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Save the long process with emirates, in which they will bring you in for an interview if they are interested, the only way to get a job other than recruitment is to come to dubai and get in the door of companies, otherwise don't waste your time.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MJC
We have numerous openings for IT people, try looking at www.emiratesgroupcareers.com and see what's up there.

Also if you pm me I'll give you an e-mail of someone who might be able to help
Hi MJC

Im new on here so excuse my ignorance. What do you mean "pm" you?

What do i do?
Old Aug 20th 2006, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi MJC

Im new on here so excuse my ignorance. What do you mean "pm" you?

What do i do?
I have worked it out and have PM'd you now
Old Aug 20th 2006, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TA5
Save the long process with emirates, in which they will bring you in for an interview if they are interested, the only way to get a job other than recruitment is to come to dubai and get in the door of companies, otherwise don't waste your time.

If only i could afford time off my current job to come and find work in dubai then this would be super

unfortunately i have to try and achieve this from here in UK

I feel i need to get networking with people who know hence my apearance on here

thanks for replying anyway
Old Aug 20th 2006, 6:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If only i could afford time off my current job to come and find work in dubai then this would be super

unfortunately i have to try and achieve this from here in UK

I feel i need to get networking with people who know hence my apearance on here

thanks for replying anyway
Well it might be worth taking a week holiday there, because if you've read any of the threads here already, you'll realise, they places receive loads of applications all the time, and most get binned straight off unless you can show commitment by saying when you'll be able to drop by to meet in person or unless you've got oddles of niche skills etc...

welcome to the site though
Old Sep 1st 2006, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
Well it might be worth taking a week holiday there, because if you've read any of the threads here already, you'll realise, they places receive loads of applications all the time, and most get binned straight off unless you can show commitment by saying when you'll be able to drop by to meet in person or unless you've got oddles of niche skills etc...

welcome to the site though
what i need is a group of solid genuine contacts so i can network.

taking a holiday and meeting recruiters who will probably have nothing for me in the timeframe when im there is not worth it.

I am registered with just about all the ME websites

HELP me please

I work in IT software testing to be exact
Old Sep 1st 2006, 6:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

what i need is a group of solid genuine contacts so i can network.

taking a holiday and meeting recruiters who will probably have nothing for me in the timeframe when im there is not worth it.
well if you don't have your own contact base, you'll have to do the best you can, and saying you'll be there to meet recruiters, and going direct to companies and asking when would be good to meet up is the way to go, so many send out cv's, you've just either got to show commitment, or, either be willing to work for peanuts, or really be a cut above the rest out there.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Benson
that is pretty normal! keep trying and good luck
i have been trying for over a year now
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:34 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Obviously you must be serious if you've been trying for a year, so why don't you take a small risk? The best thing to do is come on a visit visa to live for about a month. I know a few people who did that and just spent every waking hour applying for jobs and going to interviews and job agencies, and one of them went home empty handed and out of pocket with the expense, but the other two got good jobs.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 9:45 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I know people that have been trying for 3-4
Old Sep 21st 2006, 10:56 am