Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Female-only flatshares in Dubai?

Female-only flatshares in Dubai?

Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold
Default Female-only flatshares in Dubai?

Hi guys

Do female flatshares always have a "no male visitors" policy (even just the innocent group of friends that include males) ?

Thanks

Saff
Old Jan 6th 2013, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Female-only flatshares in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Hi guys

Do female flatshares always have a "no male visitors" policy (even just the innocent group of friends that include males) ?

Thanks

Saff
Is this a wind up?

Depends if you live in a labour camp.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Is this a wind up?

Depends if you live in a labour camp.
Nope not a wind up.

But er, thanks.

Saff
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Ignore him.

I guess it depends who you live with?

Friend of mine got a room in a place with two other girls when she moved here.

Now she has an apartment and one of them lives with her, so she got lucky and basically found a new mate.

If you find a flatshare and it's with similar people that you'll get on with then why not? Unless you're being a knob then they wouldn't have an issue...they probably have friends over anyway.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
Ignore him.

I guess it depends who you live with?

Friend of mine got a room in a place with two other girls when she moved here.

Now she has an apartment and one of them lives with her, so she got lucky and basically found a new mate.

If you find a flatshare and it's with similar people that you'll get on with then why not? Unless you're being a knob then they wouldn't have an issue...they probably have friends over anyway.
Thanks Scamp. Reason I asked is because I was looking at female flatshares to begin with but a couple came with the 'no male visitors' rule which means my group of friends can't even visit me. I wondered if this rule was common to all female flatshares and something I just wasn't aware of.
Think I'm going to switch to mixed flatshares anyway now.

Thanks

Saff.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Thanks Scamp. Reason I asked is because I was looking at female flatshares to begin with but a couple came with the 'no male visitors' rule which means my group of friends can't even visit me. I wondered if this rule was common to all female flatshares and something I just wasn't aware of.
Think I'm going to switch to mixed flatshares anyway now.

Thanks

Saff.
Get on Dubizzle and look for flat shares in the area you want (Marina, right?) and search for things about 4-6,000 a month. You'll get a nice group of Brits/Aussies/Kiwi's etc and a nice place.