Forum Regular

LostInBahrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Favourite Place To Live In Bahrain

I am stuck between the follwoing:

Busaiteen

Amwaj - A lot more expensive but seems everyone is living there

Seef - Same as above

Juffair - A construction site but you could get a really good deal

Looking for a 2/3 bedroom with minimum 150sqm and all the bells and whistles for around 700-900, it is just myself but a lot of mates will be crashing here during the weekend so gotta have the extra bed. Have been looking at Busaiteen out by the RCSI, is that place too isolated?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favourite Place To Live In Bahrain

Originally Posted by LostInBahrain
I am stuck between the follwoing:

Busaiteen

Amwaj - A lot more expensive but seems everyone is living there

Seef - Same as above

Juffair - A construction site but you could get a really good deal

Looking for a 2/3 bedroom with minimum 150sqm and all the bells and whistles for around 700-900, it is just myself but a lot of mates will be crashing here during the weekend so gotta have the extra bed. Have been looking at Busaiteen out by the RCSI, is that place too isolated?
Busaiteen's got that housing development (forget the name, but it's the one that looks like a cross between a prison camp and Butlin's) that is totally empty - so prices should be competitive nearby.

Amwaj is great and not as expensive as some people seem to think. I've got a 3-bedroomed sea view place there for BHD 1000 plus. It's close to the city (although the fact that there's only one proper road in and out will hold things up when it fills up a bit).

If you want to be closer to the night life, it has to be Juffair....... and Champs ("The New Warbler") is there (at the Best Western) so that's another bonus.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Dean
Busaiteen's got that housing development (forget the name, but it's the one that looks like a cross between a prison camp and Butlin's) that is totally empty - so prices should be competitive nearby.

Amwaj is great and not as expensive as some people seem to think. I've got a 3-bedroomed sea view place there for BHD 1000 plus. It's close to the city (although the fact that there's only one proper road in and out will hold things up when it fills up a bit).

If you want to be closer to the night life, it has to be Juffair....... and Champs ("The New Warbler") is there (at the Best Western) so that's another bonus.
Wow that is an amazing deal for Amwaj, I have been quoted 1,200 - 1,600 for something like that, where did you find it? I would kill to live there but at the same time I do not want to be pissing my money away on rent...
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

sorry fell missed that PM, try again if you can!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:04 am
Just Joined

InLvoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Favourite Place To Live In Bahrain

Hey there, I have lived in 2 out of 4 and could be 3 but i'll lte you know my opinions:

Juffair-This is where i have mainly staye for 2 out of my 3 years here, teh things about Juffair is it is a pretty excellent location with regards to supermarkets, clubs and all major restaurants and malls...the problem i found with here is it is mainly all apartments which would possibly be perfect for you, but choose wisely. Juffair is a little construction hub (as is most places) but just be careful you choose somewhere with apartments etc already built up immediately next to you or you could be listening to construction for 24 hrs! It is a buzzing little place and was popular for me when I was a single lady. Also majority of Gulf Air employees are based here and the American Navy. Moving on....

Amwaj- You say about feeling isolated, well I lived here for about 6 months, in an apartment. Very nice beautiful place and many expats also but I felt a little too far from central manama, possibly because i stayed here after Juffair and everything is based in Juffair and surrounding areas. So if I went out I had to either find a taxi all the way home (rip off at wkend) or bunk out at my friends. It was pretty useless for me as I was out all the time, as a socialite its a pretty difficult location! But now I am settled and looking for a villa, i may consider here, simply because its a nice place where you can if you like go for a walk! lol! You see everyone everywhere here drives because theres really no place for walking!

Seef- I agree quite expensive but the only + for me is close to malls, maybe too close! lol...

Busaiteen- Im not sure about this one, as I say we are now looking for a villa and a calmer place "picket fence" and all place to live so maybe that answers this one for you....

Id definately recommend Juffair for you! If you're single and sociable!

Good luck on your hunt!