Reload this Page >

Family re-locating to Bahrain

Family re-locating to Bahrain

Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:46 am
Just Joined

sunshine101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family re-locating to Bahrain

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me please?

I’m am trying to find some more information about relocating to Bahrain and would like to hear more from mothers who have made the move themselves. Specifically I would like to know more about the schooling and what activities are available for children, such as tennis/swimming/piano lessons etc.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family re-locating to Bahrain

Originally Posted by sunshine101
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me please?

I’m am trying to find some more information about relocating to Bahrain and would like to hear more from mothers who have made the move themselves. Specifically I would like to know more about the schooling and what activities are available for children, such as tennis/swimming/piano lessons etc.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
are you coming with your husband?
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Yes, and 2 children aged 12 and 4
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, and 2 children aged 12 and 4
are you in Dubai now? shouldn't be that difficult if you have already moved to Dubai. I hear St Christopher's school in Bahrain is very good.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
are you in Dubai now? shouldn't be that difficult if you have already moved to Dubai. I hear St Christopher's school in Bahrain is very good.
Yes, have been in Dubai for some time and happy to re-locate to Bahrain but I have heard that the schooling isn't as good and that there aren't many activities for the children, just wondered if that was true and would be interested to hear from parents who have children at school in Bahrain
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:11 am
Concierge

Yes, have been in Dubai for some time and happy to re-locate to Bahrain but I have heard that the schooling isn't as good and that there aren't many activities for the children, just wondered if that was true and would be interested to hear from parents who have children at school in Bahrain
we don't have many members who are in Bahrain, but I have got a friend who has been over there years and she loves it, she prefers it to Dubai. I have visited quite a few times and whilst it isn't as ahead as Dubai with the amount of Malls etc I am pretty sure it will be a great place to live. There is a good club called the Dilmun Club, most families join there.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 1:02 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

try this web site..I'm sure you'll find it helpful..My kids are 13-14 and they seem to be having a blast in Bahrain..

http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topics.aspx?ForumID=25

Last edited by heartofdarkness; Jul 26th 2009 at 1:05 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
we don't have many members who are in Bahrain, but I have got a friend who has been over there years and she loves it, she prefers it to Dubai. I have visited quite a few times and whilst it isn't as ahead as Dubai with the amount of Malls etc I am pretty sure it will be a great place to live. There is a good club called the Dilmun Club, most families join there.
Thanks Blue Cat