eye tests

Old Jan 30th 2012, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default eye tests

Any speccy 4 eyes on here? Think my eyesight has got a bit worse-its nearly 3 years since I've been tested and finding I need my glasses more ( shortsighted) mine were from the UK so haven't been to an opticians here? Anyone any recommendations? Do you have to pay for an eyetest here? is there specsavers here?
Old Jan 30th 2012, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eye tests

for adults i always use al jaber/pearle opticians/vision express. for childrens eyes i take them to the hospital as they need to do different tests that "shops" cannot do.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful though - the tests here (at least those done in the many opticians available) are not very thorough.

I had my eyes tested for new glasses here a couple of years ago (yes, I'm a speccy 4 eyes), but found that I was then struggling to read through the glasses, everything was blurry. I simply put it down to old age (40ish) but on my next trip to England I went for another test as I wanted them to do a glaucoma test (family history - was fine) and they were amazed at how wrong the prescription was!

It was so wrong they didn't want to take me straight down to the correct prescription as it would have been too much of a change.

However, once I got the new glasses, I was once again able to read close-up through them so didn't feel quite so old after all. It was like that film with the old people and the thing in the swimming pool (Cocoon?).

So in summary (I'll stop waffling shortly), don't always trust the opticians' tests, I assume those done in the hospitals will be better, but I'll never get mine tested here again, will always do it on a trip back to England.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

twinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant future

http://www.moorfields.ae/en/Default.aspx

Opticians here will just tend to "autorefract" by machine. The results aren't always accurate. Also, it's a good idea to get eye pressure and your retina checked. If it's been a while, I'd go to a hospital and get a full check done.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 6:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

i went to vision express then a local named place and had eye tests for free in both. Nothing extreme but prescriptions we pretty similar.

I only wear for driving and distance looking stuff. They make a mega difference for me and prescription seems to have been bang on.